Slaters 7mm S.E.& C.R. 6 wheeled Brake Van

In short "no".

"Back in the day", I converted a 4mm slaters 4 wheeled van to a six wheeler. If you compare the drawings, the six wheeler is about 4 planks longer (roughly the width of the central springs) and I spliced in four planks to lengthen it to the length of the six wheeler. I'd GUESS that the six wheeler could be shrunk down to 4 wheel length by a similar (but opposite) process.

Stewart Ellinson

Don't know it it would be of interest, but SERKits do a SER 4 wheel Goods Brake Van:

http://serkits.com/

At top of page, click Gallery-Wagons, it's the pic at bottom of middle row.

Cost is same as Slater's kit.

Jim F

Jim,

Thanks for the link. Probably too early for me, but some very nice items. I'm looking for something to use on a KESR 1930s/1940s setting. Something a bit more odd ball than a pill box brake. I'm thinking of bodging a Parkside LMS van, planking over the duckets and slightly altering the van ends (removing the offset pillar in the van end opening).

• 6 years later...

Hello all, need a little help please. I'm currently building a Slaters 7043 SCER brake van, and I am having a problem with the assembling of the brake gear. What I need is a photograph of the underside of the van showing/detailing  the braking gear. Much appreciated for any help.

PS it's O gauge

Edited by N10
more detail