Definitely best to check the wheel back-to-backs before you start altering any trackwork. Otherwise, you can end up going round in circles, never finding the true problem. I speak from experience!

Euston is looking really good. A timely reminder that I must get on with my little opus. ;)

Hi Jeremy,

I'm just playing catch-up with your build progress.  It's great to see that you have now managed to get wiring done so that you can now run trains and it looks just superb... you must be feeling rather pleased with yourself.

You must have just about finished building track work now and almost ready to build platforms/ structures :D

Cheers

Lee

Thanks everyone for your comments and glad you like the videos. It's great to get something moving at last to check the track is laid ok. There will be some adjustments here and there I am sure, especially with the slips, but that is inevitable with hand built track work.

I'm currently waiting for some more track to arrive so I can finish off, hence why I thought that, "while I wait", I would get something moving!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Wow, I am so impressed, compared to my desultory attempts at track laying this is so impressive. I must admit that I have looked at a 'prototype' model, but don't have the space to do something so complex and have stuck with a non-prototypical northern WCML option. (slow steps).

I have no real option now as I have 10 motorised 86's and 2 dummy's plus a dummy 87 (i've managed to fit an old TPM kit to a Dapol chassis). I have 5 86 bodies in paint and the 87 is nearing completion in IC livery to complete before any more track is laid. I have just completed an early 86 (no headlights or jumpers) in faded blue and it looks great, just need some added weathering to tone it all down. I'll try and post some pictures if I can.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Excellent work, Jeremy. I'm really enjoying this. Try 8.6mm back-to-backs. It is more than the 8.52mm in the official standards but a number of us use 8.6mm because it works!

David

Good afternoon.

While I wait for my next batch of track to arrive, I thought I would crack on with one of my rolling stock projects. I have several projects in the pipeline, and here is a list of the ones I would like to do:

- Class 317 - I plan to make this my first one, converted from several Farish 150's and in NSE livery

- Class 85 - I have two resin body kits to detail. They aren't great but they will make a half decent representation of an 85.....unless Ben and Mike at Revolution trains are planning an 85?!!?!! Worth considering chaps!

- Class 82 - probably use an 86 for this one as a base, although not quite the right cab front shape ( the resin 85 may be better to convert ) it will be a good representation once finished and will be used for ECS workings in and out of the station.

- Class 313 - this will probably be an N trains 3D printed affair although they are fairly pricey so I may look at converting a Farish 150 as with the 317.

- The Manchester Pullman - slightly out of period but I love this train! Farish MK2 air cons will form the basis and will be heavily modified to represent the train. Livery will be the original white/blue. Will be something different to run. (I've already made a start on the first coach!)

- I also plan some MK3 Pullmans in Intercity livery.

- Motorail loading wagon - entirely scratch built using photos as a guide.

Well , there we go. Several insane projects to go with the insane layout!! Ha ha!!

Hopefully they will all add to the atmosphere.

Any comments, (or suggested medication!!), most welcome!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 7

Well , there we go. Several insane projects to go with the insane layout!! Ha ha!!

Hopefully they will all add to the atmosphere.

Any comments, (or suggested medication!!), most welcome!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Webb Compounds? :devil: :devil: :devil:

• RMweb Gold

>

- Class 85 - I have two resin body kits to detail. They aren't great but they will make a half decent representation of an 85.....unless Ben and Mike at Revolution trains are planning an 85?!!?!! Worth considering chaps!

<>

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

You're making great progress on a project of awe-inspiring ambition!  Please keep the updates coming.

I think that a Class 85 would be a difficult model for Mike and I to justify (however much we might like one) because it seems such a logical step for Bachmann/Farish.  They already have a very good, recently tooled model in OO that is surely ripe for shrinking down.  I suspect even if we did offer it we'd struggle to attract enough support as I am sure many potential customers would be prepared to take their chances on a Farish model happening.

I am rather looking forward to seeing a Network South East 321 snaking through that station throat though...

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Jeremy,

You're making great progress on a project of awe-inspiring ambition!  Please keep the updates coming.

I think that a Class 85 would be a difficult model for Mike and I to justify (however much we might like one) because it seems such a logical step for Bachmann/Farish.  They already have a very good, recently tooled model in OO that is surely ripe for shrinking down.  I suspect even if we did offer it we'd struggle to attract enough support as I am sure many potential customers would be prepared to take their chances on a Farish model happening.

I am rather looking forward to seeing a Network South East 321 snaking through that station throat though...

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for you kind comments. I'm looking forward to the 321's too and I've pre-ordered 4 so I can have 8 car sets running. They will look great snaking through the station throat. I've also ordered the Pendolino, which although is out of period, is such a fantastically detailed model, I'd be mad not to have one!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Good evening,

Tonight I've stripped down the Farish 150 bodies in readiness for the modifications to make the class 317.

The two driving cars:

post-10222-0-99282700-1463425104_thumb.jpeg

The two centre vehicles:

post-10222-0-82447600-1463425122_thumb.jpeg

And the vehicle that will be providing the spare parts.

post-10222-0-25294300-1463425140_thumb.jpeg

I'll make a start over the coming days on the cut and shut for the two centre cars and then the cab modifications.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 4

Small amount of progress this evening. The MSO is being created and here are the two parts that have been cut. Some filing will be required so as to form a nice neet fit. I have deicided to use the door centres as the join line as per Nigel Burkins article on how he converted a centre car for his 150/0.

post-10222-0-99432400-1463432082_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 7