• RMweb Premium

I was thinking that Chris Higgs (Masterclass Models) had done an etched replacement chassis for the B-Set, and I just realised I had purchased a pair a few years ago and they are in my 'To-Do' crate.

I don't know if Chris has any left, or if he planning a re-run, but you could ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Looking forward to seeing some more progress!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for looking in. I have been progressing the track work and I'm almost done now and will post an update soon. The 317 is also progressing well and I'll also update on this one soon.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez
  • Like 4

Hi Jeremy, don't know if you have seen it. The July Rail Express mag. has an article on Euston empty stock locos from early 1980's on wards. Also several good photos.

Keith HC

Rail Express issue No. 242 July 2016

Hi Jeremy, don't know if you have seen it. The July Rail Express mag. has an article on Euston empty stock locos from early 1980's on wards. Also several good photos.

Keith HC

Rail Express issue No. 242 July 2016

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll see if I can get a copy as the article sounds spot on!

Thanks again!!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

This week, I'll be mostly making.....

Platform edging!!

post-10222-0-27209900-1468354302_thumb.jpeg

post-10222-0-06828300-1468354373_thumb.jpeg

I had a look at the Peco stuff and it isn't quite right for Euston so I've decided to make my own. It's going to take ages but it will look right. I've used a sheet of 0.5mm plasticard, cut into strips with two lines scored along it to represent the concrete blocks and then the upright struts are made from plastic strip, which once dry, are filed flush with the plasticard strip. Once weathered, the weathering should run nicely along the scored grooves and should look the part.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

Not much layout progress to report in recent times as work has taken over and with the sun shining, lots more outdoor activities have taken place.

However, Cav (RBE on RMWeb) has very kindly drawn up some windows, doors and grills for my 317. Today, the printed etches arrived and they look superb! Can't wait to get these into the model, it's really going to look the part. Thanks again Cav!!

Here is the etch:

post-10222-0-59274600-1469127409_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening all,

I haven't posted for a while as lots of outdoor activities have taken a bit of a priority. However, I have been continuing making platform edging strips and I'll post soon some progress on the platforms for Euston.

In the meantime, I have made a couple of purchases to browse through to keep the taste buds going.

First up, a bargain basement priced AC electric portfolio. Some lovely photos and informative captions too with plenty of photos of the locos in their early, and very smart, electric blue liveries.

post-10222-0-41954300-1471376166_thumb.jpeg

post-10222-0-60161700-1471376199_thumb.jpeg

I also purchased this October 1968 edition of Railway Magazine which had some interesting photos and updates on the Euston station re-build. It also had an article on the (then new) AC electric locomotives and their performance on the WCML. The article is titled "The LM Electrics - A days survey". There are also some interesting timetables showing their timings between stations from Rugby to Euston.

post-10222-0-54791000-1471376306_thumb.jpeg

That's all for now. More to follow soon.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 4

Hello Jeremy

What bridge is that with the castellated turrets, please?

I have been over it before but I cannot think where, so I presume either the "branches" to Manchester or Liverpool, which I have been over less frequently.

Thanks.

Hi,

The caption just says that the train (Manchester to Cardiff/Paignton) is slowing for the Crewe stop. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hello Jeremy

What bridge is that with the castellated turrets, please?

I have been over it before but I cannot think where, so I presume either the "branches" to Manchester or Liverpool, which I have been over less frequently.

Thanks.

It's Runcorn railway Bridge Derek, it's also know as the Britannia bridge and Ethelfleda bridge apparently :O

It's very impressive.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Just read the caption, it's a bit out as the train is not near Crewe at all and is definitely not from Manchester, it's just left Runcorn station, crossed the bridge and is about to cross the viaduct heading towards Liverpool.

Cheers

You are wrong of course as IC exectutive was the best. ;)

They do look good in blue though and better when dirty. Was never a fan of the spruced up clean electra blue look.

Great pics Jeremy.

You are wrong of course as IC exectutive was the best. ;)

They do look good in blue though and better when dirty. Was never a fan of the spruced up clean electra blue look.

Great pics Jeremy.

I do like the Executive liveries, much smarter than some of today's liveries. Although I do like the Virgin east Coast livery, certainly the best of the modern liveries!

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I must be going mad!! I gave the caption from a different photo!!! Must have been tired last night! The right caption reads "E3091 speeds over Runcorn Bridge heading for Liverpool with an express freight on 30th April 1966".

Best regards,

Jeremy

Modellers madness we all get it at some point ;)