This is looking great! You've probably said before but I was wondering what you had planned for the platform end beyond the current baseboard? - EDIT sorry, I should have read your post properly, sorry! :)

Edited by tjf4375
  • Like 1

Cheers Tom! Can't wait to get some stock running now. Just need to get some electrics run down to the shed and it will be complete!

Best regards,

Jeremy

I had to read that twice. The first time invoked images of running an 86 or 87 on the layout.

I hope the shed is well insulated. It would be heartbreaking to have your hard work compromised by damp.

• Like 2

That's very impressive indeed Jeremy. It's going to be an amazing layout. The railway room looks nice too. It does look very tidy or perhaps the photos are deceptive?!

Thanks Andy. It's tidy at the moment as all my rolling stock and books are in boxes neatly stacked under the layout. I've still some more things to bring out from the house, magazines etc so it will be quite busy in there once I have everything in the shed.

Ideal space Jeremy, exciting times for you on two fronts.  Repeating a previous post,  'Like' never gives this project enough credit. 

Best Wishes - Steve

Thanks Steve. Lots going on this year!

I have been watching this thread for a while and the layout is going to look amazing, can't wait to see it on the exhibition circuit. The shed looks great and with all the insulation should be very comfortable in the summer and winter. But I sometimes wonder about how secure sheds are having experienced my brother in laws shed being broken into and lots of tools taken away. Are you fitting a shed alarm to yours, as well as other security deterents, especially as you have clear glass in the windows.

I wish you every succes for the future build of the layout, aswell as your new family

All the best

AndyM

I have been watching this thread for a while and the layout is going to look amazing, can't wait to see it on the exhibition circuit. The shed looks great and with all the insulation should be very comfortable in the summer and winter. But I sometimes wonder about how secure sheds are having experienced my brother in laws shed being broken into and lots of tools taken away. Are you fitting a shed alarm to yours, as well as other security deterents, especially as you have clear glass in the windows.

I wish you every succes for the future build of the layout, aswell as your new family

All the best

AndyM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for looking in and watching the thread. I haven't alarmed the shed but we are quite secure here as our gardens just back onto each others so I'm hoping I'll never have any issues.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for looking in and watching the thread. I haven't alarmed the shed but we are quite secure here as our gardens just back onto each others so I'm hoping I'll never have any issues.

Best regards,

Jeremy

That's what I thought when I lived in London but some scroate still managed to garden-hop, force a window and help themselves to some electronics one day...

An alarm is always worth it, especially given the world today and the lack of respect for other's property.

Wow. I've been following this thread for over a year now, and it's simply amazing to see what you've achieved. Seeing the lines extended with whole trains sitting on them really gives a sense of the scale of the undertaking. I'm guessing you can't wait to get that track laid and the platforms in place! Do you have plans to put cameras at platform level so that when the roof goes on, you can watch trains arriving and departing from a passenger viewpoint?

• Like 1

Wow. I've been following this thread for over a year now, and it's simply amazing to see what you've achieved. Seeing the lines extended with whole trains sitting on them really gives a sense of the scale of the undertaking. I'm guessing you can't wait to get that track laid and the platforms in place! Do you have plans to put cameras at platform level so that when the roof goes on, you can watch trains arriving and departing from a passenger viewpoint?

The track will be the next bit to do. I hadn't thought of cameras.....tempting!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

given the amount of stock I would urge fitting security locks to those big windows,  blinds and a  alarm

great progress hope it  runs as well as it looks how are you intending moving the points ?

Nick

I think I will look into alarms, sounds like it's going to be a good idea just in case. The points will be moved using the MERG system and a similar set up of tie bars below the baseboards like Ian Morgan has on his Freshwater layout.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

the association points units work really well with servos and merg boards ( used them on line No20 ) 

also think insurance would not pay up if shed is not secured and alarmed 

btw congratulations on the latest anticipated  addition   your going to need a 2mm Thomas soon  ( actually I think Jerry Clifford has one of those,  Thomas that is  )

Nick

• Like 1