Good evening,

I've spent the majority of the day sorting out the final bits in the shed and I now have all the new supports in place and the boards have now been added.

I think it looks much better this way round and there is so much more space created and I'll now be able to access the shed without having to duck under the layout on the way in! The fiddle yard access roads will now be positioned around the entrance to the shed and I'll have a removable section by the shed door, allowing easy access.

Here's a couple of photos, still needs a bit more tidying and I'll lay the remainder of the carpet tomorrow so it will look and feel much more smarter.

post-10222-0-52293800-1503859076_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-22892500-1503859117_thumb.jpg

Now I can really crack on with things and hopefully get some stock running soon!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

As I like to vary my projects on Euston, I've come back to the retaining walls. I was having second thoughts about brick papers last week and was seriously considering going back to plastic brick sheet. However, with the detail you get on the brick papers and also the fact that the relief of brickwork in 2mm is not exactly that noticeable, I've decided to stick with the papers.

Here is the first section cut out and the retaining supports cut out on a seperate and slightly less thick sheet of card that I nicked from my wife's cereal packet! He he!!

attachicon.gifIMG_8986.JPG

Once both bits are papered, I'll merge them as in the mock up below. I think the retaining supports will look more to scale in this thickness of card than my initial trial run a few posts back.

attachicon.gifIMG_8987.JPG

Best regards,

Jeremy

Very good, but what about using clay?

Wow - another bit of Lincoln St. Marks survives!

We can rebuild it... :locomotive:

attachicon.gifLincoln St Mark's Station 'Way Out' sign.jpg

Both the station sign and the trespass sign come form St Marks. I had a platform one sign from there too but it mysteriously disspppeared in a house move. We used to pick up my grandparents form that station. Lots of fond memories.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Both the station sign and the trespass sign come form St Marks. I had a platform one sign from there too but it mysteriously disspppeared in a house move. We used to pick up my grandparents form that station. Lots of fond memories.

Best regards,

Jeremy

My sign was used as a tray for mugs of tea when we were digging between the platforms in 1987 & using the old station building as a tea-hut (before we moved across the road & colonised the old octagonal keeper's cabin for the same purpose). Seemed a shame to leave it when we moved out... :whistle: ;)

• Like 1

brilliant, your even tempting me to get some none steam stock

Go for it! I've enjoyed following your progress with all those LMS locos. You could always forward date the layout a little and erect some OHLE and run some electric blue 86's and some green class 40's!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

Go for it! I've enjoyed following your progress with all those LMS locos. You could always forward date the layout a little and erect some OHLE and run some electric blue 86's and some green class 40's!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Maybe the next layout in the planning stage might be in a more modern timescale, hang on what am I saying, what about all my Steamers. You are a very bad influence on me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

A little project I have been working on is my Farish class 91 that I picked up a few months back. Quite a bit of detailing has been added with the front and rear lights being dug out and new etched light clusters added from the PH designs class 90 detailing kit. I've also used the nose grill from the same kit, albeit with a few modifications to it. Some very small pieces of clear plastic sheet will be added once the loco has been painted to finish off the lights. The front ones will be interesting and tedious to fit as they wrap partially round the sides. New etched brass buffers have been added to each end and the front and rear valances have been removed from the bogies and attached to the body at the front and the chassis block at the rear. I've also used a heavily modified Dapol high speed pantograph with the base also being narrowed as per the prototype. I've still got some additional detailing to add to the pantograph well to finish it off. Next, I dug out the hand rail wells and will fit wire hand rails to finish them off. These hand rail wells have been filled in a little to make them as narrow as feasibly possible. Also added is the little lip at the top of the front nose where it joins the front windscreen using 0.25mm plasticard stuck on, filed down, and then the curved shape carefully filed to match the nose. Some extra bits of plasticard have been added to the rear cab using photos as reference. Still to do are to get the wheelsets turned down and blackened, and buffer beam detailling which should enhance the overall appearance.

The body has now been primed ready for the Intercity Swallow livery to be applied.

I'll run this as 91002 with a rake of MK3 stock and HST DVT 43084 on the other end as they ran when first introduced prior to MK4 stock arriving on the scene.

Here's a few cruel close ups taken quickly this evening.

post-10222-0-61986500-1505666349_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-07510300-1505666374_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-79286700-1505666398_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 15

"The front ones will be interesting and tedious to fit as they wrap partially round the sides."

That's just inviting the carpet monster to come a hunting when you ping a few lenses off whilst trying to fit them! :stinker:

The whole project is starting to look great though Jez, i follow with interest ( I'm a 4mm modeller, but this really interests me from my spotting days )

cheers

Andy

• Like 1

"The front ones will be interesting and tedious to fit as they wrap partially round the sides."

That's just inviting the carpet monster to come a hunting when you ping a few lenses off whilst trying to fit them! :stinker:

The whole project is starting to look great though Jez, i follow with interest ( I'm a 4mm modeller, but this really interests me from my spotting days )

cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy. I've been wanting to do the 91 for a while and hopefully that end result will be worth all the effort. The carpet monster seems to haunt me with bits pinging out of the teeezers and onto the floor. Then I spend about 20 minutes on my hands and knees with the torch on my phone looking for a tiny piece of plasticard or something!

Thanks for following my thread!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Yes I end up building two of everything these days!!

91's looking great Jeremy. Can't wait to see the paint on!

Thanks mate! I'm looking forward to getting this one finished. Still unsure as to whether I should add lights or not as I've very little experience wiring stuff up in locos. I'm definitely going to scratchbuild cab interiors for both ends though so that should make up for it if I don't do the lights.

Best regards,

Jeremy