The N Brass catenary looks very good! May have to invest in some!

It’s very nicely etched and looks like I’ll be able to make the modifications i need quite easily so each gantry becomes individual and fits its locations.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Looking good. I miss making OHLE. I might have to do some more on a future layout!!

Thanks mate! Go on, you know you want to....!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great progress Jeremy

For some reason I'm not getting the updates through on my feed. I don't envy you adding the OLE.....it could take a while!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Mike

I found that when you 'Follow' more than 12 topics, you only get notified about the latest 12 you followed :scratchhead:

Hi,

I have just come across this and let me just say, you are doing a magnificent job here. It makes me want to go back to n gauge. Please keep this up as this is one of the greatest layouts I've ever seen

Thank you for our kind comments. It’s a massive job and progress has been rather slow recently.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Great progress Jeremy

For some reason I'm not getting the updates through on my feed. I don't envy you adding the OLE.....it could take a while!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Mike

Hi Mike,

There’s a fair bit of OHLE to add but I think it’s going to be fun doing it......hopefully!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

There’s a fair bit of OHLE to add but I think it’s going to be fun doing it......hopefully!

Best regards,

Jeremy

I am sure it will take quite some time, but will be worthwhile.

I doubt you would have attempted such a layout without having the experience to know that some stages seem to progress so slowly that they can be quite an ordeal, but become very rewarding when you can start to see some good results.

I am sure it will take quite some time, but will be worthwhile.

I doubt you would have attempted such a layout without having the experience to know that some stages seem to progress so slowly that they can be quite an ordeal, but become very rewarding when you can start to see some good results.

Hi Pete,

I had that feeling with the electrics but I’m slowly progressing with it and I know that the reward will be to see some stock running which will be a great moment. I’m currently rebuilding and enlarging the fiddle yard so it will be capable of holding more stock, I think Euston needs it!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Doing the electrics is a soul-less task isn't it?

I enjoy doing this part, but even so, spending several weeks doing nothing but wiring then flipping the boards back upright to see that they look no different at all is a bit demoralising, even if it works first time.

If you have to start troubleshooting faults, it can be a little demoralising.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

Received my three stunning Revolution Trains pendolino models yesterday. Here is one of them arriving at Euston station.

Still need to get the wheelsets turned down to 2FS standards and then I'll be able to run them, by which time there will be enough wiring finished to be able to have a section of the station up and running.

attachicon.gifP4210213.jpg

I'll try and get some more photos taken over the next few days.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Wow!!!!!

That looks stunning, especially when it's on its home layout. Even though that track plan for Euston has changed, you could still run modern stock as well and possibly and apt!

Best regards, Matthew

Wow!!!!!

That looks stunning, especially when it's on its home layout. Even though that track plan for Euston has changed, you could still run modern stock as well and possibly and apt!

Best regards, Matthew

Cheers Matthew. The Revolution pendolinos are really quite special. The trackplan is very different nowadays but it will not stop me having a present day/modern image (2018) moment. Although modern image for me has always been late 80's early 90's......proper modern image!!

It would be great to have an APT but I'm unsure if the N gauge version will be produced as there doesn't seem to be any where near enough expressions of interest yet to justify the model being produced.

Here's hoping.....

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

Cheers Matthew. The Revolution pendolinos are really quite special. The trackplan is very different nowadays but it will not stop me having a present day/modern image (2018) moment. Although modern image for me has always been late 80's early 90's......proper modern image!!

It would be great to have an APT but I'm unsure if the N gauge version will be produced as there doesn't seem to be any where near enough expressions of interest yet to justify the model being produced.

Here's hoping.....

Best regards,

Jeremy

Evening,

I have seen and n gauge model of the apt-p somewhere but I can't remember off the top of my head. I will remember though.

Regards, Matthew

Found it: http://www.apt-p.com/APTModels.htm. Go to the bottom of the page and there is adverts for an n gauge one.

Best regards, Matthew

Yes, that is the one I was referring to in my post. There is a thread about it on RMweb and I’ve put my name down for a couple although, like I said, regrettably there doesn’t seem to be enough expressions of interest for the N gauge version yet. The 00 gauge version is looking like it will go ahead though.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Yes, that is the one I was referring to in my post. There is a thread about it on RMweb and I’ve put my name down for a couple although, like I said, regrettably there doesn’t seem to be enough expressions of interest for the N gauge version yet. The 00 gauge version is looking like it will go ahead though.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Morning,

I did see a wcml based layout with an apt though. Must have been scratchbuilt!

Regards, Matthew

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

To my knowledge the Rapido 00 gauge ATP-E was released in 2016, there are a few vidoes APT-E on RMWEB and here is another one that I found on Youtube of the APT-E at Everard Junction ... dig the music, I'm sure Lady Penelope and Jeff Tracy are on the train :no:

Edited by Ian_H
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, there is a scratch built APT-P running on Kings Park. The team were kind enough to run our pre-production Pendolino sample alongside it at the N Gauge International Show last September; here is a good photo:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126055-things/?p=2851785

But... it is the gas turbine APT-E Revolution is offering up, as this is the model produced by Rapido (shown in the previous post) and would be a relatively straightforward project, provided there is adequate interest. At the moment I'd say we have around 2/3 of the sign-ups we need, which TBH is quicker than we expected but still not at the point we are ready to start taking money.

The APT-P is a Durham Trains of Stanley/DJM project in 00 and N and nothing to do with Revolution.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2