• RMweb Premium

I thought Worsley Works did a 'scratch aid' etch for the 4 Cor (I am sure I have one in my gloat box somewhere) but it is not listed on his website. He has the 4 Cor listed for 3mm scale and 4mm scale, so he might do a shot down version if asked.

I thought Worsley Works did a 'scratch aid' etch for the 4 Cor (I am sure I have one in my gloat box somewhere) but it is not listed on his website. He has the 4 Cor listed for 3mm scale and 4mm scale, so he might do a shot down version if asked.

I think he will produce most things in 2mm scale from the 3mm versions.

A Network southeast class 87 does exist. Although it isn't in Jeremy's time frame as virgin used it towards the end of the 87s life, it would still make a very unusual appearance along with 86401 and if Jeremy decides to, another NSE 86. I know there wasn't another one but it would look good on a NSE gala at Euston station. Imagine that!

Best regards, Matthew

Looks like the Midland Pullman ran into Euston too in the 1960's according to this web page..

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/lms/lnwrcov218.htm

Hi Jeremy

One of the brilliant things about your layout, stock from the 60s right up to present day won't look out of place and you have found some really interesting stock that's been at Euston. Your list looks like it keeps getting bigger :).

All the best

Dave

A Network southeast class 87 does exist. Although it isn't in Jeremy's time frame as virgin used it towards the end of the 87s life, it would still make a very unusual appearance along with 86401 and if Jeremy decides to, another NSE 86. I know there wasn't another one but it would look good on a NSE gala at Euston station. Imagine that!

Best regards, Matthew

Hi Matthew,

There’s plenty of scope on liveries and you can never have too much NSE!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

One of the brilliant things about your layout, stock from the 60s right up to present day won't look out of place and you have found some really interesting stock that's been at Euston. Your list looks like it keeps getting bigger :).

All the best

Dave

Thanks Dave. I happen to have a Midland Pullman too which I intended to run on a rule one basis but now it seems it actually went there. Wonder if there are any archive photos kicking around.

Yes, the scope is great from the 60’s to my late 80’s early 90’s period. I was just thinking yesterday that I should eventually have a complete set of mid 60’s rolling stock so I can change periods when the mood takes me. And I’m also really fond of the electric blue liveries so will have to run that with some maroon coaches!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

Found the details of the 4-COR tour on 6 Bells Junction

Unit 3135 on the Southern & North London Electric Train Tour, 8th November 1970

Traction Route 3135 London Victoria - Stewarts Lane - Longhedge Jn - Clapham Junction - Brentford Central - Hounslow - Whitton - Twickenham 6532 (1) Twickenham - Richmond - Richmond SB 6532 (1) (2) Richmond SB - Richmond [P7] 3135 Richmond - Gunnersbury - Acton Wells - Willesden Junction (HL) - Gospel Oak - Camden Road - Dalston Jn - London Broad Street 3135 London Broad Street - Dalston Jn - Camden Road - Gospel Oak - Kensal Green Jn - Willesden Junction (LL) - Wembley Central - Harrow - Watford Junction 3135 Watford Junction - Croxley Green 3135 Croxley Green - Watford Junction  3135 Watford Junction - Harrow - Wembley Central - Willesden Junction (LL) - Queen Park - London Euston 3135 London Euston - Queen Park - Willesden Junction (LL) 3135 Willesden Junction (LL) - Kensal Green Jn  3135 Kensal Green Jn - Willesden Junction (HL) - Acton Wells Jn - Gunnersbury - Richmond - Twickenham - Staines Central - Windsor 3135 Windsor - Staines Central 3135 Staines Central - Chertsey - Weybridge - Surbiton - Wimbledon - East Putney - Clapham Junction - Longhedge Jn - Stewarts Lane - London Victoria
  • Like 1

talking of unusual workings will you be modelling the Inter-City Charter Mk1 raspberry ripple rake with the bulled up bogies and white roofing?

Absolutely! It’s on the list so will appear one day. I also quite fancy a Manchester Pullman rake in the original livery and will need to partially scratch build these.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Good evening,

Just thought I would post a couple more photos from my collection, both taken in 1989, so bang on my era modelled.

First up, NSE liveried 86401 prepares to depart Euston.

attachicon.gif79EB4E3F-D8A9-47DA-B35A-E1B52762CC97.jpeg

Next up, 86207 “City of Lichfield” heads out light engine. An unidentified Intercity liveried class 87 lurks in the background, probably waiting to take a down service forward.

attachicon.gifE91AFE16-1580-4540-977F-7CC1C41840E2.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

It was nice to meet you at DEMU Showcase, sorry for the late post, I haven't logged in that much recently.

Loving your work on Euston, cannot wait to see it finished. Intercity livery on 86s looked much better with the grey below the windows as per 207 and 253 in the photos posted.

I am still in shock at how incredible your NSE Hoover is! Seriously impressive for 2mm scale....

Hi Jeremy,

It was nice to meet you at DEMU Showcase, sorry for the late post, I haven't logged in that much recently.

Loving your work on Euston, cannot wait to see it finished. Intercity livery on 86s looked much better with the grey below the windows as per 207 and 253 in the photos posted.

I am still in shock at how incredible your NSE Hoover is! Seriously impressive for 2mm scale....

Hi Alex,

Likewise, great to meet yourself and Will at the show. Intercity is my favourite livery and there will be plenty of the variations at Euston. The CJM 50’s are amazing models and will certainly be making an appearance on the layout.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Good afternoon.

Despite the insane heat this afternoon, I’ve managed to make some more progress on the ramp leading down to platforms two and three.

I’ve now added the sides which are made from 0.5mm thick plasticard and then scribed to represent the sections of concrete. I’ll need to add the same to the insides to get the thickness and then add the capping to the top.

Here are a few shots of it posed on the layout. I’ve also started on the platform surfaces and edging.

post-10222-0-62858800-1530202279_thumb.jpeg

post-10222-0-52732700-1530202319_thumb.jpeg

post-10222-0-48801900-1530202363_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 16

Looks like the Midland Pullman ran into Euston too in the 1960's according to this web page..

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/lms/lnwrcov218.htm

Actually I think that is a Western Region Pullman as it does not have the "Midland" branding on the side. Also the window arrangement on the power car matches the WR sets.

I wonder if the Birmingham service was diverted into Euston due to engineering works on the line to Paddington?

Great to be able to follow the progress Jeremy. That ramp looks good and has already added a bit more of that 'unmistakably euston' feel to the pictures.

Thanks Dave. The ramp is in so many photos that I’d like to try and replicate some of the prototype scenes eventually. Still a fair bit to do on it but it’s coming together.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...