I remember seeing them in Bletchley sidings as a kid in the 90s. Only ever saw them head off north though.

That will explain them not making it to Euston then. Shame really as I bet they would have looked good snaking into the platforms......we can make an exception for the layout though!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on Euston recently.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for checking in, and apologies for the late reply. I haven’t made any progress since the last update unfortunately. With the really good weather we have had this year, I’ve been doing outdoors stuff with the family and not had much time for modelling at all. Plus we got a 10 week old Beagle in April (we must be mad!) so we’ve been out walking a lot more at weekends with her and the kids.

Euston building will resume soon hopefully, and there’s quite a few fundamental changes I’d like to make to the layout, so watch this space!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Keith,

Thanks for checking in, and apologies for the late reply. I haven’t made any progress since the last update unfortunately. With the really good weather we have had this year, I’ve been doing outdoors stuff with the family and not had much time for modelling at all. Plus we got a 10 week old Beagle in April (we must be mad!) so we’ve been out walking a lot more at weekends with her and the kids.

Euston building will resume soon hopefully, and there’s quite a few fundamental changes I’d like to make to the layout, so watch this space!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Sometimes a break is good. It can recharge the enthusiasm & allow you to think of think of solutions to problems you encounter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17 September 2017 at 17:57, cornish trains jez said:

Good afternoon,

A little project I have been working on is my Farish class 91 that I picked up a few months back. Quite a bit of detailing has been added with the front and rear lights being dug out and new etched light clusters added from the PH designs class 90 detailing kit. I've also used the nose grill from the same kit, albeit with a few modifications to it. Some very small pieces of clear plastic sheet will be added once the loco has been painted to finish off the lights. The front ones will be interesting and tedious to fit as they wrap partially round the sides. New etched brass buffers have been added to each end and the front and rear valances have been removed from the bogies and attached to the body at the front and the chassis block at the rear. I've also used a heavily modified Dapol high speed pantograph with the base also being narrowed as per the prototype. I've still got some additional detailing to add to the pantograph well to finish it off. Next, I dug out the hand rail wells and will fit wire hand rails to finish them off. These hand rail wells have been filled in a little to make them as narrow as feasibly possible. Also added is the little lip at the top of the front nose where it joins the front windscreen using 0.25mm plasticard stuck on, filed down, and then the curved shape carefully filed to match the nose. Some extra bits of plasticard have been added to the rear cab using photos as reference. Still to do are to get the wheelsets turned down and blackened, and buffer beam detailling which should enhance the overall appearance.

The body has now been primed ready for the Intercity Swallow livery to be applied.

I'll run this as 91002 with a rake of MK3 stock and HST DVT 43084 on the other end as they ran when first introduced prior to MK4 stock arriving on the scene.

Here's a few cruel close ups taken quickly this evening.

post-10222-0-61986500-1505666349_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-07510300-1505666374_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-79286700-1505666398_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy 

I've been following the 'this is Euston' thread for a while now and finally became a member of rmweb. The whole project is very impressive. I'm specifically interested in these posts about your upgrading of the farish class 91 as I'm also detailing one including respray into original intercity livery.

Can I ask, what modification/ work have you done at the bottom of the air dam? It looks like you've re shaped the whole area? 

Cheers

Alan

Edited by Alan Ledge
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can I ask the same question please?

I do hope the layout is still moving forward. Such excellent modelling surely can't go to waste.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Ray H said:

Can I ask the same question please?

I do hope the layout is still moving forward. Such excellent modelling surely can't go to waste.

No such luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

To quote Terry Pratchett:

"This is where the dragons went. They lie... not dead, not asleep, but... dormant."

Let us hope it will re-awaken some day.

Wasn't a variation used on the last train from Barnstaple to Lynton in 1935.

Keith

• Like 1