Good evening,

Just thought I would post a couple more photos from my collection, both taken in 1989, so bang on my era modelled.

First up, NSE liveried 86401 prepares to depart Euston.

post-10222-0-64691100-1529271816_thumb.jpeg

Next up, 86207 “City of Lichfield” heads out light engine. An unidentified Intercity liveried class 87 lurks in the background, probably waiting to take a down service forward.

post-10222-0-49003700-1529271929_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 14

Good evening,

Just thought I would post a couple more photos from my collection, both taken in 1989, so bang on my era modelled.

First up, NSE liveried 86401 prepares to depart Euston.

attachicon.gif79EB4E3F-D8A9-47DA-B35A-E1B52762CC97.jpeg

Next up, 86207 “City of Lichfield” heads out light engine. An unidentified Intercity liveried class 87 lurks in the background, probably waiting to take a down service forward.

attachicon.gifE91AFE16-1580-4540-977F-7CC1C41840E2.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Those look very good. I wish I was around then to witness them as now most of them are probably overseas or have been sent to the cutters torch. I will post some more I mine on during the week. Also, when are we going to see the next update?

Best regards, Matthew

Hi Jeremy,

Those look very good. I wish I was around then to witness them as now most of them are probably overseas or have been sent to the cutters torch. I will post some more I mine on during the week. Also, when are we going to see the next update?

Best regards, Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I'm currently progressing the platform surfaces on platforms 1 - 3 and also the ramp down so will be posting an update once I have completed both these bits.

Glad you like the two photos I posted.

Best regards,

Jeremy

I assume you've got a model of 401 Jeremy? If not, shout, I have and it's never ever been out of the box, was going to put it on eBay tonight curiously!

Hi Nick,

I do have 86401 but thanks for asking. Shame they didn't repaint several of the class in this livery.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Premium

I’ve got a set I did years ago, when TPM still had the proper bogies etc, annoyingly it didn’t fare well in a house move! Got a spare set of cab fronts and MBLS underframe to do another one. Must do them sometime. Fox do a set of decals with all livery elements for NSE, save all the masking!

Hi Nick,

I do have 86401 but thanks for asking. Shame they didn't repaint several of the class in this livery.

Best regards,

Jeremy

It doesn't hurt to pretend another one was painted in that livery. Perhaps you could 86402 or even an 87 in that livery, that would look interesting!

Good morning,

Another one taken at Euston in 1988. 86253 "The Manchester Guardian" runs light in the station. This loco was repainted into the revised intercity livery with full yellow cab fronts later on in the year and had TDM's fitted.

post-10222-0-45313000-1529394954_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 4

I have a set of resin cab ends for one of those. And as there is third rail at Euston, I have an excuse!!

Someone on a Facebook group I'm in posted a picture of a 4-COR at Euston in 1970ish !!! - I had to do a double take before I believed what I was seeing !! - It was on a railtour

Someone on a Facebook group I'm in posted a picture of a 4-COR at Euston in 1970ish !!! - I had to do a double take before I believed what I was seeing !! - It was on a railtour

There has been a fair few unusual workings into Euston on railtours and I do intend to model some of those. I think there is an N gauge kit of a 4 COR so may have to do some research on that.

Best regards,

Jeremy