Help ! Return Loop

col447

Help !

I saw, a while back on line, a description of a return loop. It showed how the guy had made the base board etc and I'm sure dimensions. I was under the impression that he used it as an extension to a modual so he could run trains, whilst still building the rest of the layout. If anyone can pass me the link to said page I would be grateful. I have been through the RMWeb looking but cannot see it anywhere, it may of been elsewhere.(This is a problem when the computer crashes and I lost all my favourites).  It was if I remember last year and the word Loolypop was mentioned. Cheers Col

• RMweb Premium

I think it was the topic where someone was building a massive spiral layout

Was it called Hills and Meadows?

Hi 

Funny enough iv'e been thinking of this last week as well and have been looking through my magazine pile to no avail.Tried goggling bango still  nothing.So thanks amandalee for saying corkscrew,couldnt see the obvious could i lol.I did another search and ended up here.http://corkscrewlines.blogspot.co.uk/2013_02_01_archive.html

I know what mag to dig out now Hornby march 2013..Thanks.

Tel

• 5 months later...

That is awesome, a couple of extra points and it could double as a running in track for micro layouts.  I want one.  Not too sure about that spiral, my own unfinished (abandone?) loft layout has too much hidden mileage about 2/3rds of the train travel is hidden which I find frustrating so I guess I would find that interninable spiral intolerable.  My 4-6-0s haul 7 coaches up 1 in 36 approx around 3rd radius curves without powerbase, a pacific 13, a new A1 Tornado out of the box 5...

Archived