New model from Bachmann

geordie inexile

• RMweb Gold

being as were all so pedantic/obsessive/ocd about fine detail these days im going to throw my hat in the ring and suggest that its going to be 150201 as that is the only 150/2 with recessed drivers 'local door' butterfly valves......

I find it deeply disturbing that anyone would even know that unless he was the bloke who fitted them......... :jester:

• RMweb Premium

DMU : yes.

150 : No.

If I'm right I'll let you all know after the event.  Meanwhile for those with the technology please scratch off this block with a coin or fingernail to reveal the answer.  

;)

• RMweb Gold

I think I'll just help that along then with a random post about nothing in particular....

Ive got my prediction of 9 pages in!

I find it deeply disturbing that anyone would even know that unless he was the bloke who fitted them......... :jester:

I did some of my traction training on 150201 and the instructor pointed it out to us as 'something to use as trivia 12 years down the line on an internet forum'

crikey, 5 pages about a silouhette that may or may not be a forthcoming model, i bet someone in barwell is sat in an office laughing their c*ck off waiting to see who will win the 'how many pages of froth can we generate on rmweb' sweepstake

Good luck to them if they are.

I will add to their money pot by declaring that the new model will definitely be a Q6.

I'd be amazed if it was an entirely new model ... with the backlog of other models which have been announced but in some cases not even the CAD has been done in several years then I'd think they'd be getting some of those out of the way first. Surely its got to be just a repaint

• RMweb Premium

In view of what it says on the website:

Bachmann Europe Plc is constantly working on new and innovative developments for our collectors to enjoy and cherish. We are delighted to announce that we will soon be revealing our latest Branchline model to the world on the 30th May. Keep an eye on the homepage of our website on this date to find out more about our exciting plans.

it certainly sounds like an all new model rather than a re-livery. I would also say from the tone that it won't be something already being done by someone else, or the announcement could in some quarters be seen as a damp squib. So for me not a 156. "Innovative developments" also implies it will be a bit different to yet another DMU, unless it's coming with seated passengers, opening doors, prototypical "vibrations" or similar gimmick.

This can be countered though by the reference to collectors, which hints at a Collectors Club model rather than main range. If so, an NSE liveried 101 perhaps?

But overall if it wasn't for the shadow image, I would have said it wasn't even going to be motive power.

Hasn't Bachmann done a superb job of building up interest...

Building up interest...

In view of the comments about delay and too many optimistic announcements on threads elsewhere I think they should be careful and managing expectations. Say if it is a collectors club model or not. If there's too much hype here it could lead to a lot of upset from non members. Be clear about what to expect is all I am saying.

I'm all for shadow images but it's clear that not everyone plays by the assumption that it should actually match the general shape.

• RMweb Gold

It will be a diesel for sure- locos class 14 or 21 or units class 104 or 156

Why would it be a 14? Hattons have been reducing their Heljan one for ages now, low £70s for most versions recently. Watched one on ebay nearly new not get a bid at £70 about an hour ago.

• RMweb Premium

I think the 950 is too much of a retool - two different shells - variants across it's history. Even the yellow version has a number of detail changes that date it to particular periods.

If it is a 150 - how about a FGW "Local Lines", now that Realtrack have shown the way to go with the livery with their 143? Also bearing in mind that anything in FGW blue tends to sell well.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

A "local lines" 150 would compliment the already available plain blue version, then again, a northern 150 with the pics on the side would compliment the standard liveried version!

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I've taken into consideration what Bachmann has said, my thoughts, and replies here:

It could be the Network Rail test version of the 150,

It could be a 318 3-car EMU,

It could be a 455/9 4-car EMU

but,

I think, after all, it could be a Bachmann/EFE motorised tube train based on LT's 1938 design - after all Bachmann would only have to design the mechanism and the other non-powered bogies, whilst EFE produces the bodies.

The units would be available to the trade in London Transport liveries, with a two-car powered unit in NSE livery available through the Collectors' Club.

Archived