Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Thanks for all the kind words.

Yes I'm sure after my visit with Peter next week, and having a look at his superb modelling, I will be spurned on somewhat.

As a bit of an aside, here's something especially for Craig.

A video of a Derby Lightweight from Pwllheli to Bangor and then from Bangor to Amlwch!!!

It says 1970's, but it's got to be 60's as there is steam as well.

Brilliant!!!

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 2

It is 1964. I have a video with this on and some of the dialog is plain waffle. Viewers attention is drawn to maroon station nameboards at Afon Wen 'cos the Western Region passed to the London Midland in the mid 1950s! The nameboards were brown 'cos I saw them first hand right up to August 1964. It was filmed in winter, the worst time to see North Wales and it shows. I didnt know at the time the line over the top from Carnarvon was due to close. We also took in the steam push-pull to Amlwch, which again closed in the December. We traveled on a BRCW Unit to Blaenau  instead of the usual Derby Lightweight.

Edited by coachmann

Guest Isambarduk

"It says 1970's, but it's got to be 60's as there is steam as well."

Agreed; both lines were closed to passengers services in December 1964, so it was filmed in the early part of the decade.     David

Fantastic Jinty, many thanks for putting that on here, how interesting to see how a few of the name places became Anglicised for a while !!

Brynkir with a K, whereas now it is back to a "C", and Caernarfon spelt with a "V" instead of the single "F" as per the welsh language.

great find Jinty. thanks for sharing it ..... watch that a few times and it will get the modelling juices flowing again ..... now lets have another look at the Afon Wen bit again ... hmmm  :locomotive:

Craig.

I've done a bit of modelling today, interrupted by a quick trip to Stoke where I thought a couple of times I should need a boat rather than a car, the Autocoach was all nice and dry by the time I got back.

I've fitted the remaining droplights and the handrails, and all that is left to do is make up and fit the long handrails at the centre doors, but that should be done after final assembly once it's been painted.

I've fitted a set of Dapol screw couplings, and soldered in some 6BA screws as bogie pivots.

Then after it was nice and dry, I assembled the whole thing and took a few pictures.

post-14906-0-94648200-1447018640_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-00129300-1447018654_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-76411200-1447018664_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-83711300-1447018675_thumb.jpg

It's off to its owner on Tuesday, where we're calling on Mr Midwinter for a brew and a chat.

I've taken delivery of some bits from Slaters Plastikard yesterday, 2 sets of wheels (one for the 57xx and one for the 2251 &T), a set of cast hornguides, also some stone sheets to have a go at the platform edging.

I've got everything I now need for the 8750, kit, wheels, ABC motor & box, Premier rods, Slaters hornguides, Premier plungers and just waiting for the Severn Mill plates. So I think that either I get on with the 8750, or I ease myself back in by building the Ex LMS Horsebox first.

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

Evening Mr Jints, that Autocoach look damn fine, I bet the owner will be pleased as punch with that ?

It has been pretty torrential at times today the old rain, we was at the Cenotaph in Pwllheli this morning, and the heavens opened up half way through the Remeberance Day Service, but that didn't matter one jot as we remembered those who gave their lives so we can be free to be enjoying our lives as we do today.

See youTuesday Pal

Craig

• Like 1

ok great.

He should be please it's an excellent built.

I think he is pleased already without seeing it in the flesh .... but I will confirm Tuesday night when Jints and myself meet up with Trains12 Mr Midwinter.

Best regards

Craig

Might be if interest Jintyman....

Regards

Certainly is GW, I've got two of those kits to build now, and they are to be 46503 and 46510.

A late post as I've had a lovely meet up and a natter with Craig and Peter (Trains 12), had my eyes opened at the sheer magnitude and skills of Mr Midwinter and his layouts. I saw Great Tunsley Dale and Bridge of Muir tonight and both of them are jaw dropping!!!

It has certainly been food for thought.

Thank you Peter and Wendy for the kind Hospitality.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

I expect you know this already but the Swindon built ivatt a had different guards on the front bogie. They were part of the bogie where as the midland ones were bolted to the frames.post-5983-0-81291600-1447239313.jpegpost-5983-0-59270500-1447239337.jpeg

I think it's very similar to the BR standard 4 front bogie.

There was also some differences in the cab tender steps as well.

I expect you know this already but the Swindon built ivatt a had different guards on the front bogie. They were part of the bogie where as the midland ones were bolted to the frames. image.jpeg image.jpeg

I think it's very similar to the BR standard 4 front bogie.

There was also some differences in the cab tender steps as well.

I didn't actually Steve, it's so interesting all these little subtle changes within the same class.

I didn't know that the Ivatt's were built in Swindon, I thought it was only the Std 2MT's.

You learn something new every day!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

post-5983-0-74410700-1447240311_thumb.jpeg

Western steps,

post-5983-0-35123500-1447240335_thumb.jpeg

Midland ladder type.

I only came across this when I was modifying a San Cheng brass model. Swindon built locos had western fire hole doors and Swindon pattern ejectors

46503 to 46527 are Swindon built examples

Edited by steve fay

Certainly is GW, I've got two of those kits to build now, and they are to be 46503 and 46510.

A late post as I've had a lovely meet up and a natter with Craig and Peter (Trains 12), had my eyes opened at the sheer magnitude and skills of Mr Midwinter and his layouts. I saw Great Tunsley Dale and Bridge of Muir tonight and both of them are jaw dropping!!!

It has certainly been food for thought.

Thank you Peter and Wendy for the kind Hospitality.

Jinty ;)

Lovely night last night with Jintyman, Peter "Trains 12" and his woolly Mammoth Bertie, I think that just about sums it up Jinty, they where stunning layouts ....... Kudos to Mr Midwinter .....post-8721-0-44990900-1447246778.jpg