LNWR railings

uax6

• RMweb Premium

I have a few narrow and medium width LNWR 12 wheelers on my lot list to construct in the coming years, but one thing that has been holding me up is the handrails that are on the ends of these coaches. Does anyone know of any 4mm versions that are available, or of any drawings of them (or high quailty photos of them) please?

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Bill,

Yes Sir! I've a requirement for just the handrails (Thats both types, the ones that are right on the end of the car and the plain ones that are against the main body) and eves brackets, for both the narrow and intermediate width gangway vehicles.

What would the price be for just those please?

Andy G

(with a big smile!)

• RMweb Premium

Do you have the drawing of the intermeadiate type? I have a drawing of the Duke of Sutherlands Saloon (The Proper LMS drawing) where these type have be over pasted with the later wide gangway. I should be able to get a scan of the drawing showing the ironwork, would they be any help?

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

After a bit of playing around with my scanner, I have managed to scan my original copy (stamped LMS Wolverton 25 Nov 1936) of the Duke of Sutherland's Private Saloon. The problem being that the original drawing which showed the intermeadiate width ends has been covered with a new layer of paper showing the as built ends. With a bit of jiggery pokery, and application of light I have reveled:

post-8375-0-16121800-1431800526_thumb.jpg

I also have it scanned at 2400 dpi, which at 3.8Mb is a tad too big to put on here!

Andy G

Archived