Forevagreys New Layout

Tom Bayford

Well its been a long time since i have posted some pictures of my progress but things have been busy, after a house move to the next county i have been rather busy sorting things out working usual stuff! Well after christmas there wasnt much work around so i deceided to build a new layout. The boards are 6mm ply and is made of three boards; The station end sceneic board, the Engine shed end and a fiddle yard board the overall sizes of the two scenic boards togther is 9ft by 18 inches split in the middle so i can easlily move it around and store it. the fiddle yard board its 5ft by 1 ft and just contains one trac but with other space to allow for the preperation of trains. The layout is based somewhere in the central division of the British Railways southern region and timewise is based from the mid 50's to late end of steam in 1967. The track design incorparates a run round loop a head shunt two sidings and an engine shed just too add variety. Well thats enough of me writing now time for some pictures.

Here is the track plan

Layoutidea.jpg

Cattle wagon at the cattle dock in the headshunt

DSC00201.jpg

a couple of wagons sit in the headshunt while the signal box looms over in the background

DSC00202.jpg

Trackside

DSC00203.jpg

Looking worse for wear number 34036 westward ho stands on shed

DSC00205.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

• 3 months later...

Well a little more has been happening on my new layout things have been proggressing slowly beacause of work really picking up and other time wasting things well here are a few photos of progress hope you enjoy

WHile M7 30108 is on shed Standard tank 82016 passes with a local train

IMG_0560.jpg

A close up of the M7 on shed

IMG_0566.jpg

Then latter that vening the STandard shunts the yard

IMG_0567.jpg

Looking good so far will be keeping an eye to see how it develops. biggrin.gif

Cheers it will be developing slowly although i have now put blended turf down on all the brown painted areas and on the other bored not pictured yet im startng putting my platforms togther a slow proccses

Great stuff, yes slow process, I just use a piece of wood planed down to the correct height and add textures to them to finish. What make are your platforms?

i am using the ratio ones as there a nice size and easy to asemble and my wood working skills are a bit to be desired:unsure:

Looking good.

But, if I may make a suggestion, with all that available space on the fiddle yard section, why not have at least another track in the fiddle yard? That was you can get the next train ready so that as soon as the one coming off the layout rolls in you can immediately send out the next one.

Just a thought for you.... ;)

Keep up the good work. :)

Looking good.

But, if I may make a suggestion, with all that available space on the fiddle yard section, why not have at least another track in the fiddle yard? That was you can get the next train ready so that as soon as the one coming off the layout rolls in you can immediately send out the next one.

Just a thought for you.... ;)

Keep up the good work. :)

i dont even know to be honest i buit it quite quickly earlier this year while work was quiet but as its only a small branch trains dont come quickly:lol: thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

FInnaly maneged to get round to picturing the whole layout togther inbetween watching Lamiel and the Black 5

The N class waits with an up passenger train

IMG_0709.jpg

Back of shed area

IMG_0717.jpg

now for a few areial shots

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

hope you enjoy

Archived