CMAC's Big news in little trains... 00 Electrostar

Just arrived by email overnight.  These are photos of the final transfer set.

3761-180716102037.jpeg

Here they are applied to a paint sample I sent which is Halford's Vauxhall Atlantis Blue.  Note the lower two are the correct ones, the top two were a white balance test.

3761-180716102145.jpeg

Looks great! Can't wait to see them applied to the loco! I travel on these units a lot (although I use the First Hull Trains services into Kings Cross), so it's great to finally see the 180 in model form!

Excellent work, you should be very proud of yourself indeed!

Cheers,

Matt :)

Looks great! Can't wait to see them applied to the loco! I travel on these units a lot (although I use the First Hull Trains services into Kings Cross), so it's great to finally see the 180 in model form!

Excellent work, you should be very proud of yourself indeed!

Cheers,

Matt :)

The Hull logos and unit numbers are included in the set as they are a variant of the First GWR set, and allows any Class 180 in any First Group Dynamic Lines Livery to be modeled.

This is important as there will be swapping around over the next few years as the new GWR Hitachi units come in to service.

I have been led to believe the Adelante units wont be repainted the new GWR green for this reason.

Edited by Snowwolflair

there will be swapping around over the next few years as the new GWR Hitachi units come in to service.

I have been led to believe the Adelante units wont be repainted the new GWR green for this reason.

Ah, very interesting. This is news to me. I'm not actually too sure, myself, as to which services/trains will be replaced by the Hitachi units. All I know is that the 43's on the ECML, and a majority of the 91's, are for the chop. They're the only ones that I know to be 'endangered'.

Cheers for the info,

Matt

If you believe the press they will all end up at Great Central over the next 10 - 15 years with the direction of travel GWR to First Hull to Great Central.   NB they are all owned by Angel Trains and they will move as their leases run out if they are not renewed, depends of how fast the Hitachi electro diesels come in.

If you believe the press they will all end up at Great Central over the next 10 - 15 years with the direction of travel GWR to First Hull to Great Central.   NB they are all owned by Angel Trains and they will move as their leases run out if they are not renewed, depends of how fast the Hitachi electro diesels come in.

Interesting. Thanks for the info :)

Cheers,

Matt

I have just had the final production costs confirmed and the transfer sets will be £45 for a five coach set.  

I will also be making laser cut perspex side windows and door windows at £12 for a five coach set.

These will be sent in cardboard backed envelopes.

Can I have any further expressions of interest by the 1st August.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The transfers look very good.  A bit fiddly as some of the items are very small but the effect is very realistic.  There are a few minor adjustments needed but nothing a sharp scalpel wont fix.  Once I mat varnish the roof it will be complete.

3761-300716213738.jpeg

3761-300716213802.jpeg

3761-300716213830.jpeg

• Like 4

I have now received the Adelante First Great Western and First Hull transfers and the completed model in First Great Western in in my latest post.

The set does a five car set in First Great Western or First Hull. If you would like a set the cost will be £45 for a 5 car set of transfers.  In addition I am laser cutting in Perspex side windows and door windows to go with the Shapeway prints at £12 for sufficient for a five car set.

If you would like a transfer set or windows please make payment to my PayPal account (or directly to me) at the address DJAC@calderwoodhan.com and send me an email to this address giving the following.

Your forum name and your username on that forum so I know who you are

PayPal transaction number so I can match up the payment

Full postal name and address

What and how many of each item you wish.

Transfer only will be shipped immediately and if windows are ordered they will take a few extra days as I will cut them to order.

I only have a limited number of transfer sets (currently 23).  those of you who have already requested have been PMed.

David

A quick note on fitting the Perspex windows.

when the laser cuts the perspex the walls are sloped.  They are cut to fit a painted window opening, so you can edge with black and then glue in the window with canopy clear adhesive.

3761-010816224954.jpeg

NB the perspex has a plastic film to protect the surface from glue which can be picked off with tweezers.

Edited by Snowwolflair

Evenin' all.

Sorry for the thread hijack.  With those N-train cabs you'll need to file off those bits on the bottom.  The 165/166 certainly doesn't have anything coming vertically down like that.

I have also made my 165/166 cabs available as a pair for scratchbuilders.  They're a solid unit so you'd have to cut the cab glass out if you wanted clear glazing, but if you're tinting or using vinyls then it's fine.  Prints in FUD.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/HZFA94HNZ/class-165-166-cab-ends-pair-n-gauge?optionId=40636809

attachicon.gifBigP165Cab.jpg

Cheers,

Paul

Yes, I did say they were the earlier available versions, however I still prefer them as it is virtually impossible to file out your windows and the earlier versions can easily have detail added.

Have you thought of revisiting your CAD to open up the windows?  also they would use less plastic and be cheaper as well.

I'm planning a few more 165'so I would be interested if you did.

David

I may get around to revising the 165/166 units one day so they have 'opened out' windows, but there'll be no more 'new' 3D stuff from me.

Shapeways has become too expensive and I'd rather spend my time doing some actual modelling rather than computing and spending money testing stuff that is unlikely to get used by anyone.

Opening them out would use less plastic and make them cheaper, but they're already cheaper than the N-train ones, but then if you open out the windows, where do you stick the vinyls?

Cheers,

Paul

Thats a shame.

The vinyls stretch over the openings like a drum skin.   You then paint the inside with canopy transparent glue for strength.