1927 standard tube stock trailer

d00m

Of course you are completely right... 3mm less than a tenshodo... mmm... the bogies I found are therefore 3mm too long... Compromise or scratch up a couple to the correct length? Must muse on this.

O k I have mused. 3 car unit will be driven by efe '38 DM. Hashing up some bogies from 0.3 brass. But body first. Preparation is everything someone said... It s so boring. When there is anything to see I will post pics. If anyone has any nice drawings, photos etc of the 1:1 standard stock please post!

Thanks all,

Dom

The current  CAD I'm working for the Electroglide trucks is for 0.69" and 0.724" wheelbases. (London E1 and LARY  B Standards). So with a little patiendce - No problemo.

Andy

The current  CAD I'm working for the Electroglide trucks is for 0.069" and 0.724" wheelbases. (London E1 and LARY  B Standards). So with a little patiendce - No problemo.

Andy

How does that help? assuming your first is a typo and should be 0.69", then these are almost 17.5 and 18.4 mm respectively, neither is close to the 22 mm wanted.

Also rather odd dimensions for 4mm scale, are they for H0?  The longer one would be 4'6" if 00, 5'3" if H0.

Regards

Keith

How does that help? assuming your first is a typo and should be 0.69", then these are almost 17.5 and 18.4 mm respectively, neither is close to the 22 mm wanted.

Also rather odd dimensions for 4mm scale, are they for H0?  The longer one would be 4'6" if 00, 5'3" if H0.

Regards

Keith

Yup the first is typo.  Thanks for noticing - I'll edit it. The London E1 wheelbase dimension is correct for the 4mm scale model. LARY is an HO model wheelbase.

The new bogie family design allows for different wheelbases by using longer equalizing beams on inside bearings. So provided the family design's minimum wheelbase is smaller, then any reasonable greater wheel base can be added to the range merely by adding the required length longer beams.

Electroglide? Please explain.

See the Amfleet Topic for more details on the current progress.

Superglide tm (unpowered) and  Electroglide tm (powered) are my trademark names for my upcoming new range of smaller wheelbase bogies for DMU/EMU's, LRV's and Trams.

These are things I need to make a lot of for myself and for the SIG, so I decided to make them manufacturable and available for others.

Archived