Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Only an observation BUT!! two photos

https://railsofsheffield.com/Dapol-4f-026-001-hia-aggregate-limestone-hopper-freightliner-heavy-haul-green-livery-pristine-369008-JJJA20214.aspx

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/freightlinerhia/h5c0898c2#h5c0898c2

a closer look at real life,
post-8928-0-82883900-1458460537.jpg
new model
post-8928-0-80538400-1458460562.jpg

not wishing to upset copyright, just wondering if a new market for decals/transfers has appeared

edit for spelling
edit for stupidity

Edited by Stevie

Seem to have sold well at Ally Pally, none left in show this morning, even Dapol themselves have cleared out at £24 a pop

Were all 6 versions available? Some retailers appear to only have had the first 4 delivered for some reason?

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Opposite sides of wagons? Different discharge gates?

They are identical from both sides - the red handle points towards the ends when locked.

Cheers,

Mick

Were all 6 versions available? Some retailers appear to only have had the first 4 delivered for some reason?

Thanks.

It would appear that the first four wagons were available at most retailers. Don't know about Ally Pally. But certainly Hatton only had 001 to 004 although 001 appears to have sold out! !

Edited by martin_l_jones

My order of all six releases is on it's way so I assume all of them have been released.  I was at Ally Pally yesterday lunchtime, Dapol only appeared to have one left then so they must have sold quickly.

I did as well, ordered 8 in total but only got six from 001 to 004. 005 and 006 to follow.

According to my confirmation my parcel contains the following, which is currently with Yodel (despite asking for Royal Mail).

1 * Dapol 4F-026-001 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369008 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' green

1 * Dapol 4F-026-003 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369008 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' white

1 * Dapol 4F-026-004 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369027 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' white

1 * Dapol 4F-026-005 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369002 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' green

1 * Dapol 4F-026-006 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369020 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' green

2 * Dapol 4F-026-002 HIA aggregate limestone hopper 369052 in Freightliner 'Heavy Haul' green

Fingers crossed.

They are identical from both sides - the red handle points towards the ends when locked.

Cheers,

Mick

Given the brackets and arrows are the same both sides, should be easy enough to chop out the rams on one side of the wagon, leaving the arrows in place

Jo

• RMweb Premium

Given the brackets and arrows are the same both sides, should be easy enough to chop out the rams on one side of the wagon, leaving the arrows in place

Jo

Slight misunderstanding... A quick glance at prototype pics shows the rams are on one side only - when viewed with the handbrake wheel at the left end. Will do some more checking later. EDIT - a quick check with a model pics and it looks like there are rams on both sides of the model - a minor job to remove them.

The red arrows point outwards from the centre on both sides when locked. As Stevie pointed out above, the "Locked/Unlocked" labels are wrong on one indicator arrow.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

When I asked Hattons yesterday why they have only sent four of all six I've pre-ordered they said they had not yet received stock of 005 & 006?

Yodel has just delivered the HIAs from Hattons and I'm please to say that it included all six variations.

Well that nice man from Yodel just turn up with mine and very nice they are too!

So just had to put them to work. Here they are on PDW.

post-18515-0-73150800-1458578588_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-90791400-1458578601_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-14516000-1458578618_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-60702900-1458578636_thumb.jpg

post-18515-0-20424100-1458578649_thumb.jpg

They are right heavy little b*ggers so they run lovely. No issues with shunting so far having reversed them through the double reverse junction onto the Tunstead spur.

Well done Dapol on another lovely modern image wagon at a very reasonable price.

• Like 6

Well that nice man from Yodel just turn up with mine and very nice they are too!

So just had to put them to work. Here they are on PDW.

They are right heavy little b*ggers so they run lovely. No issues with shunting so far having reversed them through the double reverse junction onto the Tunstead spur.

Well done Dapol on another lovely modern image wagon at a very reasonable price.

Behind a 70, I bet that's a first..

And the nice man from Yodel came to my house as well, but short of item 005 and 006... good start with six tho..

Much shorter than I imagined, but very nice...

Edited by martin_l_jones

It seems I've managed to secure some more from Dapol, but not nearly as many as I'd have liked - and only of 005 and 006 - so I'm guessing they are sold out or being rationed!

Perhaps a batch of de-branded green ones next? (and soon)