Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

I'm still waiting for 005 to arrive from Hattons. All 6 were pre-ordered at the begining of this year, but the first lot (9 wagons from 001 to 004) came first with one of 006 coming over a week later.

I initially pre-order them Summer 2015 when it was just 001 to 004 on offer but had to change it completely when they added the second two and messed around with which one was going to be what colour, as I'd have ended up with 6 white ones in a rake of 10!

Will have to drop them an e-mail and see what's what.

Andy.

Edited by SWT442

• RMweb Premium

Just had a phone call from a fairly large supplier saying that they have also run out and do not know whether they would be getting more stock :sad_mini:

Is there a case for more of these wagons to be made? It would be interesting to know how many others of us would like to buy more of them, rather than having to go down the "used wagon market" route.

If Dapol are reading this, hopefully, they'll be booking another production slot ASAP...

In the meantime, cue silly prices on ebay/

Cheers,

Mick

If Dapol are reading this, hopefully, they'll be booking another production slot ASAP...

In the meantime, cue silly prices on ebay/

Cheers,

Mick

I'd have thought a re-run was inevitable but let's hope the price isn't hiked too much.

• RMweb Gold

No probs, I was tempted to call in there yesterday and see if the last 2 were still there, I only discovered jacksons late last year as they are tucked away in a back street in wigton, cracking little shop, lots on offer and as can be seen by the price of the HIAs (£21.99) very reasonable prices too, they had a 2nd hand Heljan EWS 58 last year for £90 which I was very tempted by but managed to resist!

• RMweb Premium

I can't wait for Mick to post pictures of his weathered ones. Has anyone else had chance to give theirs a dust of weathering yet?

I'm hoping to get them done in the next few days. They're all stripped and ready to airbrush the interior.

Have a look at RS4's weathering thread - Nick's already done his set.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I'm hoping to get them done in the next few days. They're all stripped and ready to airbrush the interior.

Have a look at RS4's weathering thread - Nick's already done his set.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick, didn't even think to look in that department - been a long week !

I'm still waiting for 005 to arrive from Hattons. All 6 were pre-ordered at the begining of this year, but the first lot (9 wagons from 001 to 004) came first with one of 006 coming over a week later.

I initially pre-order them Summer 2015 when it was just 001 to 004 on offer but had to change it completely when they added the second two and messed around with which one was going to be what colour, as I'd have ended up with 6 white ones in a rake of 10!

Will have to drop them an e-mail and see what's what.

Andy.

Hattons appear to have had a strange way of deciding who got what and when. I too received 001-004 at the same time, and received 006 about a week later. At the same time their website showed 005 and 006 as "in stock" and available for sale, but I never received 005 and they've all now disappeared from the website. I await the arrival of 005, but so far in vain.

As others have already said, hopefully Dapol will realise that selling decent quality wagons at reasonable prices means that they don't sit around on shelves for very long. Perhaps they can force the other manufacturers to have a rethink about their recent price hikes of old models and over the top pricing of newer ones!

Edited by sonofjamie

• RMweb Gold

Regarding the problems with Hattons and 005 I had all six wagons on pre-order and 001 to 004 were dispatched when they arrived in stock. 005 and 006 arrived in stock about a week later but I got a dispatch note for only 006 so I emailed them that day to query this as I didn't want to get charged another £4 P&P. The reply I got was that there had been a processing problem when the order went through their system. They apologised and 005 was sent.

I would contact Hattons if I were you as that is what may have happened to your orders for 005 but I doubt they have any HIA's left to dispatch now.

Remaining stocks as of close of business today...

003 (White)   x 2

004 (White)    x 2

005 (Green)   x 6

006 (Green)  x 6

all at £24.90

Tried looking for these, but the website does not even list Dapol as a brand.

Tried the search function , but that did not get a result either.

Tried looking for these, but the website does not even list Dapol as a brand.

Tried the search function , but that did not get a result either.

I also tried looking at their website,Unfortunately you will have to call them, but as of Saturday morning they were 2x Green less. ( I bought them )

Not everything is on the website (which i due for replacement this year)

If in doubt, pick up the phone...  :)

As of 12:00 we only have

003 (White)   x 2

004 (White)    x 2

005 (Green)   x 1

006 (Green)  x 1

with no current plans to put them on Ebay at silly prices.

• Like 1