Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

Are the lamp irons/hooks at the correct end?

Yes, thankfully they are.  :)

In actual fact, looking at the first set of Freightliner MJAs with the lamp-irons on the wrong end and I am pretty convinced that it is the main body that has been assembled the wrong way around.  So I am wondering if it might simply be a case of disassembly and re-assembly, as everything about the main body of the wagon appears to be symmetrical - aside from the buffer beams that is (which again I am not sure if these can actually be separated at all).  All that said, I am struggling to decipher just how these wagons may be disassembled at all, as everything appears quite tightly put together.  Has anyone attempted this I wonder?

Edited by YesTor

Yes, thankfully they are.  :)

In actual fact, looking at the first set of Freightliner MJAs with the lamp-irons on the wrong end and I am pretty convinced that it is the main body that has been assembled the wrong way around.  So I am wondering if it might simply be a case of disassembly and re-assembly, as everything about the main body of the wagon appears to be symmetrical - aside from the buffer beams that is (which again I am not sure if these can actually be separated at all).  All that said, I am struggling to decipher just how these wagons may be disassembled at all, as everything appears quite tightly put together.  Has anyone attempted this I wonder?

Looking carefully at Hatton’s pictures, I thought that the lamp irons had been corrected. Well done, Dapol!

Like you, I looked at the wagons, wondering if it would be possible to turn the bodies but decided to leave them alone. It would be interesting to know if some skilful person has managed it. I’d be sure to wreck the wagons if I tried.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I’ve just had my 3 new packs of MJA’s collected from Crafty Hobbies in Barrow, great prices and always happy to keep what I need until I can send my mum in for them although today straight out the delivery box. Superb service.

With the 4 original packs that’s a train load of 14 boxes without having to renumber - Dapol are turning out some great wagons and well priced too.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had 4 packs of the N scale models turn up today. Really quite nice, definitely one of their better wagon models. Nice that the inside isn't white, unlike the Falcon and Mussels.

At Hatton's prices these really are a steal. 32 quid for a pair, so 16 quid a wagon. If doing wagons in pairs means we get better prices due to reduced packaging or whatever, yes please! Next...something common user (VTG owned perhaps) and for a similar price please. What about the new JNAs (and similar MMAs), eh Dapol?

Jo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, njee20 said:

Something to ask Dapol surely. Which scale too?

Ah sorry. 00 scale.

Thought somebody might be in the know, or I'd missed an announcement. I can't keep up with all the great new stuff being announced.

• 8 months later...

A next batch of OO gauge HIA have been announced. Expected Nov/Dec 2020 I believe.

4F-026-019 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-020 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-021 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-022 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-023 (Freightliner white)

4F-026-024 (Freightliner white)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

A next batch of OO gauge HIA

Also N gauge

I am surprised there is enough interest in these given there have been a few runs already but at the price they are they are good value. I probably won't be adding to my 7 though, although maybe could get away with another.

• RMweb Gold
On 22/09/2019 at 09:34, KDG said:

Are there any plans for a further run of GBRf MJA box wagons?

these are the ones im waiting for a rerun of , they are going for a premium on ebay and ive yet to find a shop with them on the shelf

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Shoey said:

A next batch of OO gauge HIA have been announced. Expected Nov/Dec 2020 I believe.

4F-026-019 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-020 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-021 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-022 (Freightliner green)

4F-026-023 (Freightliner white)

4F-026-024 (Freightliner white)

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=825

Paul

• Like 1

Thinking about it the price is quite astonishing for this type of wagon Dapol have produced compared to what we're shelling out these days on other wagons, you literally would be hard pressed getting a single high quality wagon like this for less than £40.

• Agree 4

Well I've joined the HIA bandwagon and managed to scrounge up 3 previous releases (1x Green & 2x Whites) for less than £30 each by trawling the web and will pre-order these 6 new releases...again well done Dapol on the price :good:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Well I've joined the HIA bandwagon and managed to scrounge up 3 previous releases (1x Green & 2x Whites) for less than £30 each by trawling the web and will pre-order these 6 new releases...again well done Dapol on the price :good:

If you haven't physically looked at one yet you will be even more surprised! These must be about the heaviest wagons I have! Either these or Revolution TEAs which are over half as long again.

On 03/06/2020 at 16:27, TomScrut said:

If you haven't physically looked at one yet you will be even more surprised! These must be about the heaviest wagons I have! Either these or Revolution TEAs which are over half as long again.

You're right!

Got them today and not just heavy but look pretty good, looking forward to the new releases later in the year.

On 03/06/2020 at 14:19, big jim said:

these are the ones im waiting for a rerun of , they are going for a premium on ebay and ive yet to find a shop with them on the shelf

Just noticed Olivastrains has them on their website. £56 a twin pack saying in stock