Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

Behind a 70, I bet that's a first..

And the nice man from Yodel came to my house as well, but short of item 005 and 006... good start with six tho..

Much shorter than I imagined, but very nice...

It isn't actually but I think it's quite rare. Must admit I've only seen 66s when I've been up there.

Link here of Ratcliffe to Tunstead with a 70 in charge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28825728@N08/12307845465/

They are a bit shorter than a JGA so I might add another white one to the consist.

Cheers

Marcus

It seems I've managed to secure some more from Dapol, but not nearly as many as I'd have liked - and only of 005 and 006 - so I'm guessing they are sold out or being rationed!

Perhaps a batch of de-branded green ones next? (and soon)

Hopefully another run with more running numbers....

Only got 4 wagons (01-04) from Hattons yesterday, despite having all 6 on pre-order. (I'm asuming I didn't pre-order early enough to get the first stocks of 05 and 06 which they obviously didn't receive enough stock of - hopefully more stock will arrive soon)

Have to say that I am well impressed with the quality of these models (heavier than the larger HHA Bachmann version) - 10/10 Dapol! A refreshing change to see a model produced that is worth every penny. Just goes to show (are you listening Bachmann and Hornby??) that it is possible to produce quality models at a sensible price!

• Like 1

I followed up on my order with an email to Hattons yesterday as I'd read that people had received all six, but Hattons are saying they've not had 005 and 006 in stock yet, butare due in on Monday, which is also a Bank Holiday !!

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

Mine have just arrived - I like the internal packaging.

Also two pairs of air pipes and a tail lamp with every wagon. As mine will be running as a fixed rake, I only really need pipes and lamo on the end wagon, so I now have a good supply of lamps/pipes for other projects!

Plenty of weathering and graffiti to do. Most of the rake I photographed had been tagged in some way......

post-408-0-32917400-1458655331_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-03800100-1458655335_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-53567700-1458655565_thumb.jpg

And I'll be having a go at a two strengthener fitted version

post-408-0-35794100-1458655567_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-85239700-1458655337_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

All 6 of mine have the locked / unlocked the wrong way round on one end of the wagon upon checking my own photos as well.

One end locked the other end unlocked ... Oh dear ...

• RMweb Premium

All 6 of mine have the locked / unlocked the wrong way round on one end of the wagon upon checking my own photos as well.

One end locked the other end unlocked ... Oh dear ...

No problem - just cover it with graffiti!

• RMweb Gold

Can't wait for my 13 to arrive from Invicta, posted out today via Parcelforce. Got a couple of each and one extra.

They look great in all the pics seen so far.

• RMweb Gold

As some have already mentioned, I too was surprised at the relative short length of the HIA in comparison to an HHA. Never really noticed it on the prototype.

Coal isn't very heavy!

As some have already mentioned, I too was surprised at the relative short length of the HIA in comparison to an HHA. Never really noticed it on the prototype.

Hi WILLIAM - is there much difference in the weight between the HIA and the HHA?

Cheers

Hi WILLIAM - is there much difference in the weight between the HIA and the HHA?

Cheers

I would say they are about the same, HIA possibly slightly heavier. Given the relative sizes that makes the HIA a heavy beast as others have observed.

Like most people on here, i've received my first batch of pre orders - (still awaiting 005 and 006).

Lovely model and can't wait to weather and detail it. A decent rake of these will prove nice and weighty tho!! Planning on running a rake of around 12 to 14 in the end. Have 9 at the mo and although heavy they roll really well and smoothly. 

As been mentioned before too - the little detail pack included is really useful as well, so a big thumbs up from me.  

• RMweb Premium

This is what a rake of 15 looks like to get a feel for train lengths on the new club layout. I did test them on the clubs other roundy and they were really good runners. (Sorry, no pics) Even included a couple of double reverse crossover propelling moves with no issues.

edit: pic added

post-408-0-41269300-1458756806_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

This is what a rake of 15 looks like to get a feel for train lengths on the new club layout. I did test them on the clubs other roundy and they were really good runners. (Sorry, no pics) Even included a couple of double reverse crossover propelling moves with no issues.

ooh, a rake of white ones in the snow, nice

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

ooh, a rake of white ones in the snow, nice

Wouldn't let me upload photos earlier, then had to go to work. Will try and attach photo. (Sorted)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford