Freightliner MJA twins & HIA hopper

newbryford

I was told that we may possibly see another run of 001-006 or the next numbers later in the year, possibly Oct/Nov time. 

Will have to keep checking adverts in the magazine or Hattons recent additions section

• RMweb Gold

4 of my HIAs took a tumble off the layout into the patio earlier, first derailment I've ever had off the unfinished bridge, I think the weight of the other wagons pushed the leading bogie off and the others followed, one was I damaged but the rest are now in the cripple siding without buffers and couplings, couplings should be simple enough but the buffers could be a problem to replace

9DE3A52B-F950-4CAF-A79F-E597DAD56DF8.jpg

• RMweb Premium

4 of my HIAs took a tumble off the layout into the patio earlier, first derailment I've ever had off the unfinished bridge, I think the weight of the other wagons pushed the leading bogie off and the others followed, one was I damaged but the rest are now in the cripple siding without buffers and couplings, couplings should be simple enough but the buffers could be a problem to replace

9DE3A52B-F950-4CAF-A79F-E597DAD56DF8.jpg

If you've got the buffers, the best way to glue them back on is to drill both the shank and the buffer and use a suitable round strengthener - 1mm wire would be my suggestion.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Unfortunatly most of the broken buffers snapped vertically at the shank too, basically the buffer head ends have broken off

I would use polycement to glue the heads bank onto the shanks, then do as Mick said.

I bought some IOE's with no shank pr buffers on at all so I made my own using some shanks from the FLHH HHA's (that I am going to convert to Nat Power JMA's), and for the buffers I cut them down from some plastic food packaging and painted them black. When In a rake you can hardly tell.

regards,

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not just Ebay.  A Model Shop who had a stall at Cleckheaton show yesterday had them for £39

And it looks like the same seller is now trying £45

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-4F-026-002-HIA-Freightliner-Green-Heavy-Haul-Limestone-Hopper-369052-OO-G-/311614222635?hash=item488da7b12b:g:j04AAOSwPpFXMJvS

Cheers,

Mick

Like this hobby isn't getting expensive enough as it is - you have people like this that buy just to make a profit! :angry: I know you can't stop this but it's just frustrating as not everyone can afford a rake that they want all in one go. Say you want a rake of 12, buy 6 the first month then 6 the next pay day, by which time, they have sold out in shops because some profiteering **** wally has purchased 20 just to chuck on the likes of Ebay at near on double the money!

Like this hobby isn't getting expensive enough as it is - you have people like this that buy just to make a profit! :angry: I know you can't stop this but it's just frustrating as not everyone can afford a rake that they want all in one go. Say you want a rake of 12, buy 6 the first month then 6 the next pay day, by which time, they have sold out in shops because some profiteering **** wally has purchased 20 just to chuck on the likes of Ebay at near on double the money!

What is worse that People will pay silly money on Ebay for these!

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can't get upset about someone trying to make money and they will continue to do so as long as idiots buy them at the excessive amounts.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the moulds for the Dapol HIA wagons are broken ?.

I can't get upset about someone trying to make money and they will continue to do so as long as idiots buy them at the excessive amounts.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the moulds for the Dapol HIA wagons are broken ?.

Nothing like a good rumour to put the prices up a bit more!

I think the current situation can be explained with a little history. These wagons were announced under a different regime within Dapol. There must of been a degree of uncertainty in bringing these to market and thus the production order was conservative. As in if it was a slow seller, there would not be too many thousands to shift. If it sold quick, then run a second batch and fully recover R&D. We see the latter and I am sure a second batch shall be with us shortly.

I see nothing wrong with listing them on eBay, if you bought all six, and now the less sensible out there do not understand that Dapol always do a second, third...etc production run if the wagon is successful and desires them now and is willing to pay a price with in a supply (0) and a demand (100s) situation on an auction site. That seems okay to me, I would if I had bought them, listed my six, doubled my money and so when batch two came later this year/early next I could by 12 wagons for the price of 6. 

Profiteering would be if the seller owned six actual HIA wagons, during a national emergency we needed limestone asap, but the said owner of the wagons decided to triple his leasing charges to use the wagons. That is profiteering. Selling something on eBay which has sold out at a price the open market place can take and is willing to pay when there shall be plentiful supply of them into the future is just business. I cannot think of many who would of invested in the HIAs to re-sell as who knew they would sell so fast and be so demanded?

I think the current situation can be explained with a little history. These wagons were announced under a different regime within Dapol. There must of been a degree of uncertainty in bringing these to market and thus the production order was conservative. As in if it was a slow seller, there would not be too many thousands to shift. If it sold quick, then run a second batch and fully recover R&D. We see the latter and I am sure a second batch shall be with us shortly.

I see nothing wrong with listing them on eBay, if you bought all six, and now the less sensible out there do not understand that Dapol always do a second, third...etc production run if the wagon is successful and desires them now and is willing to pay a price with in a supply (0) and a demand (100s) situation on an auction site. That seems okay to me, I would if I had bought them, listed my six, doubled my money and so when batch two came later this year/early next I could by 12 wagons for the price of 6. 

Profiteering would be if the seller owned six actual HIA wagons, during a national emergency we needed limestone asap, but the said owner of the wagons decided to triple his leasing charges to use the wagons. That is profiteering. Selling something on eBay which has sold out at a price the open market place can take and is willing to pay when there shall be plentiful supply of them into the future is just business. I cannot think of many who would of invested in the HIAs to re-sell as who knew they would sell so fast and be so demanded?

That's a valid point you have made there 159220. I've never really seen it that way before. I've always looked at this as a hobby and not a business. But I suppose thinking about it, there are people out there that do make a business of buying then selling certain products. Good luck and all the best to all who buy and sell in this manor.

Just had a phone call from Leigh at Collett's of Exmouth (01395 224608) saying that Dapol have said this morning that they ARE doing a second batch of HIA's - with different running numbers! ;)

Edit: most probably not until the end of the year though...

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A fairly well known model shop in Sheffield has apparently also been told the same thing by Dapol.

Too early to place orders though, have to wait until the catalogue numbers are released !

Cheers,

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

For those that can't wait - this was posted in the bargains section...

Hopefully this is of use to people -

Hereford Model Centre have all of the recently released Dapol HIA Stone hoppers in stock, at a bargain prce of £21.16.

According to their website, they currently have the following numbers in stock:

4f-026-001 x 12

4f-026-002 x 11

4f-026-003 x 14

4f-026-004 x 15

4f-026-005 x 7

4f-026-006 x 16

The stock numbers may not be up to date though..... :boast:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

and yay un to the faithfull, Dapol came forth and gave there best :locomotive:  :senile:

http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000396/1000588/1000637/1446730/Dapol_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Wagons_UK_rail_era_9_Post_privatisation_1995_2011_1995_2011/prodlist.aspx

happy days for one and all

ps happy mid winters

pps please scrole down

Edited by Stevie