Andy Y

DJ Models - J94 Update

There's one quick way to offend a railway modeller, where someone described an exhibition layout as an "00 toy train set...." You get the picture.

I'd guess some of the greatest research into historical railways emanates from railway modellers, regardless of scale. However, I hold that if the research isn't up to the mark, then we will drift back to T****y T***s as used by a short-trousered snotty whom really should know better.

I'll leave you with a bit of intrigue...

All of the development work is/has been done for the 18" austerity. Dave Jones reckons there could  be about 100+ new authentic, bona-fide liveries. Dave 'could' recover his tooling, and possibly go into production, with a ready made  order book to snap up the new releases.  (The Hattons/DJM NCB no8 model was the fastest-selling model at that time). So, my question is this: why not? Are/is someone deliberately keeping this off the shelves? There's nothing like selling product to improve your bank balance, and your standing as a producer.

Have a good weekend folks,

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry
Sorry folks, I posted out of context. Oops!
  • Like 1

From what I have read else where, I am not sure Dave can recover the tooling.

I have 4 on pre-order that were annouced in August 17. (3x NCB and 1xMSC)

I think if Dave could produce them he would as i am sure he would have been hoping these would be a steady income over the coming years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hippo said:

From what I have read else where, I am not sure Dave can recover the tooling.

I have 4 on pre-order that were annouced in August 17. (3x NCB and 1xMSC)

I think if Dave could produce them he would as i am sure he would have been hoping these would be a steady income over the coming years.

Preaching to the choir, old chap. Like you, I'm awaiting the MSC version as well. I nominated Haulwen No2, a Mountain Ash resident to partner no8. Should it be produced, I'll rip DJM's arm off. Then, just down the road at the DFR is RENNES, now restored to Longmoor Railway livery (It could be the Woolmer instructional Railway). In short, there are about 20-odd bona-fide locomotive liveries in a 20 mile radius from Mountain Ash. Nantgarw colliery had 3 of them....

I just hope Dave can resolve this, both for Dave's sake, and the general modelling community at large.

Ian.

• Like 1