• RMweb Gold

Hehe!! Seriously, it's going to look really good! Following with interest!

Rich

Thanks mate, once I've sorted the odd bits of small detail to the shelter the tiny signal box is up next, I'm looking forward to that one :)

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

I've been off all week for half term but being off seems to end in less modelling, although not installed properly I've flicked the switch on the shelter end we have light, I'm still waiting on a micro LED for the outside light but I'm getting there slowly.

Not the best photos and the LED's in the inside, although warm white, are still to bright but I'll sort this with a resistor.

8B374CE9-BBAD-4DB7-9F4C-20A5253062F8_zps

9E3A7274-30D9-44CB-B0B1-C492414561ED_zps

1ED6C226-A9DF-489C-A542-368350BE6E92_zps

C2088C83-C20A-4440-BD58-29A8216E022A_zps

E066C44A-4701-422B-AEB1-0811AB88D035_zps

9519D839-57CD-4512-98DF-BB59D0F5F524_zps

323D8D48-0EA6-4336-ACF0-2871490470F7_zps

BA4C44AD-2944-4218-9622-F018EF3DE493_zps

E99702BE-D592-46B5-953B-443AEE297309_zps

I'm pretty pleased there's not much light leakage either with just one or two gaps to seal and overall it's looking ok, must admit scratch building does put a smile on your face :)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not the best photos and the LED's in the inside, although warm white, are still to bright but I'll sort this with a resistor.

I'm pretty pleased there's not much light leakage either with just one or two gaps to seal and overall it's looking ok, must admit scratch building does put a smile on your face :)

Lol! Was just going to say thats one hell of an oil lamp burning away in there!   :jester:

I've got the same problem with the pit lighting on my model - I need to research resisters a bit in order to dim them down, but it looks really good, and as you say, very little light leakage. Well done, love the night shots too.  As you say scratch building (as i've found) once you achieve it and get it right, really goes put a big smile on your face, not to mention a really good sense of achievement inside! Looks great.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Lol! Was just going to say thats one hell of an oil lamp burning away in there!   :jester:

I've got the same problem with the pit lighting on my model - I need to research resisters a bit in order to dim them down, but it looks really good, and as you say, very little light leakage. Well done, love the night shots too.  As you say scratch building (as i've found) once you achieve it and get it right, really goes put a big smile on your face, not to mention a really good sense of achievement inside! Looks great.

Rich

Thanks Rich even though I did electronics (years an years ago) I'm pretty useless with electrics, I'm just going to bang a variable resistor on it so I can choose how bright/dim it it is :) I can see all the frowns now from the elecy minded people :O

Cheers

Hi Paul,

In the SMD LED tail lamp I took a picture of a little while back, I have fitted a 10K resistor and in the picture it is powered with straight DCC track power (approx 16.5v AC).

Have a look back through my thread, it's not too far back, as I don't have the picture any more!!!! 

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

Nice one thanks Jinty I'll get a few 10K resistors :D the micro LED's I've ordered are tiny so they'll do for the light above the door, not sure I'll have to many lights in the main station building as that'll mean I'll have to build all the interior :O

Thanks again Jinty

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Timetables added and micro LED's have arrived, I was going to add frames around the timetables but as they're inside and will hardly be seen there's not much point.

8537B074-DA94-491C-BD38-E9E7FF3C8819_zps

CFC6B8BC-F3FA-46B2-93E1-B4C94B0126FD_zps

510DFC94-BB0D-4414-B7A0-F27EC6811701_zps

Cheers

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 3

We can burn our layouts down together then :D

Cheers

Ha that's a possibility lol but since going DCC ive eliminated a lot of my shortcomings lol saying that I do have a fire extinguisher in the loft just in case lol

Brian

• Like 1

Hi Paul

Just found your thread and I really like the look of this. Have very fond memories of 37's on the Cambrian and we have been in he area on Holiday the last couple of years. We stop in a guest house at Talsarnau which is a couple of shacks down from Dyffryn Ardudwy.. Cracking piece of workmanship on the waiting shelter. It looks and absolute gem.

Will be following along now with interest

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much Marcus the Cambrian is a lovely line and I think quite a few of us have fond memories :)

Tonight I've fitted a micro LED above the doors

D454B02B-E223-4623-ABD5-E985AD84F483_zps

and I've made a shade for it, it's a bit bigger than I'd hoped and the original but it works quite well, I've also added the electric cable using thin brass and plasticard for the junction boxes as on the original.

89ECD7B5-A58C-4822-A3B7-5219BEF6E8CD_zps

It's more or less done now apart from maybe a figure or two and some guttering along the back.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Just came across this whilst in work and it it's something I had completely forgot about seeing, the Orient express on the Cambrian!

https://flic.kr/p/DzErwn

It was one evening and the sun was setting so it was all lit up, I did take some photos but they never got developed and I'd complexity forgot about it until today.

Cheers

• Like 1

That really well done Paul. I'd have completely overlooked the lighting, probably as I would have doubts that it was still working in the late 70s when I was there.

The reference to the 37s on the cambrian reminds me of a summer evening in 87. My family had a day out from Butlins, to Barmouth by train.  I of course engineered the day so we would return on the Euston - Pwllhelli train, which was then found to be running about 2hrs late. But the driver was also very concious that he was late and gunned the loco hard away from every stop up the line. Absolutely spectacular noise.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Tony, the Euston Pwllheli Friday night 37's never seemed to be on time, I might of mentioned this previously but I remember being in the pub next to the station one evening with the family and the last train to Barmouth pulled into Dyffryn, the driver, gaurd and what might of been an inspector left the train including passengers and came into the pub and downed a couple of pints, great stuff :D

Cheers

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good work on your Building Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing more soon.

Thanks Andy, I've got a 10'x8' signal box and a few huts that need making, I think I'll tackle these before the main station building. As for the buildings in the small goods yard I'll prob have to guess as I've not come across any pictures, all I know is that there was a small coal yard and a cattle pen and what looks like a goods platform. Modellers licence will kick in here and I'll have a gronk or two ;)

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent thread Pj. I was very suprised to find this actually, as I've recently spent 3 summer holidays at a site round the corner from the station, and having enjoyed myself on all 3 occasions, I'm planning my own layout of the station in 00.

Haven't started work yet, as space in the house is rather limited, and I'm also no builder (I mainly deal with locos and rolling stock), so I'll definitely need outside help for that,
but nonetheless, I've taken a great interest in this thread, and I'm actually glad there'll soon be a layout of the station, cause it really deserves one.

Also, as a point of reference, given EM and 00 gauges are both slightly different (I have looked the differences up), will EM scale buildings work on a 00 scale layout or not?

Like I said though, excellent thread, looking forward to more.

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent thread Pj. I was very suprised to find this actually, as I've recently spent 3 summer holidays at a site round the corner from the station, and having enjoyed myself on all 3 occasions, I'm planning my own layout of the station in 00.

Haven't started work yet, as space in the house is rather limited, and I'm also no builder (I mainly deal with locos and rolling stock), so I'll definitely need outside help for that,

but nonetheless, I've taken a great interest in this thread, and I'm actually glad there'll soon be a layout of the station, cause it really deserves one.

Also, as a point of reference, given EM and 00 gauges are both slightly different (I have looked the differences up), will EM scale buildings work on a 00 scale layout or not?

Like I said though, excellent thread, looking forward to more.

Mark

Evening Mark, all buildings are the same in EM and 00 it's just the track gauge ;) for the moment though I've gone 7mm (I must of had a blow to the head) I did actually think about building Dyffryn in this scale but for now I'm sticking with just a stabling/fuelling point, still in the very very early stages though.

I will finish this though just don't know when, if you need help with any buildings give us a shout (not that I'm any expert mind :O )

Thanks again

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

I confess I've only just found this thread, but I've enjoyed reading it, and I really like you platform shelter, it's a cracking bit of modelling, nice one.

Al.

Edited by acg_mr