Great northern coaches in the west riding. kit or rtr

I'm just curious what 4mm coaches there are available for the great northern railway particularly what would have run in the west riding.

This is a new area to look at & something I don't know a lot about So any help would be great.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

If you PM me I can help put you in touch with some friends who model in this area.  One of them has produced his own etches for a new model of Clayton Station.

Jamie

I'll be interested to see what you make of those, Dave. I've also been tempted.

For the OP, Bill Bedford has been mentioned but there's been an outbreak on Ebay recently of old brass kits from which you could make up to 3 bodies and form them as a triplet, twin and a 6 wheeler or 3 6 wheelers. Many of the recycled artic sets made from 6 wheelers lasted until after the second War in West Yorkshire. Dan Pinnock has also rereleased his kits for artic sets in 4mm some years ago - it's always worth a letter to see whether he has any left.

I think the Clayton project may be commissioning some sides as well as other bits, so it's worth keeping your ear to the ground.

• RMweb Premium

Take a look at these, I've seen one "in the flesh" and it looks ok, I haven't got around to doing one myself yet as so much to do but intend to.

http://www.diagram3d.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

Any ideas what to use for underframe bits and bogies or is the undercarriage a complete scratch build?

• RMweb Gold

Any ideas what to use for underframe bits and bogies or is the undercarriage a complete scratch build?

For the 6 wheelers Brassmasters do a Cleminson(?) chassis, I would use a mix of plastic and MJT parts for the underframes

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Simon, the Great Northern Railway Society has two books on 6 wheel coaches and another on twins. They include notes on running locations where available if that's of any use.

Edit to manually correct an autocorrect

Archived