Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Jenni Watts - Fox Transfers

Andy Y

I've been advised that Jenni Watts of Fox Transfers sadly passed away yesterday.

From http://fox-transfers.co.uk/memory

Many of you will have met Mike & Jenni Watts at the hundreds of railway exhibitions they attended since they started Fox Transfers back in 1986.

Or, if not met them, will have spoken with them over the telephone at some point over the last 30 years. 
So, you will no doubt be saddened, as we are at Fox Transfers, to know that 
Jenni (who had been fighting cancer for the last 2 years) lost her life 19 May 2015.

• RMweb Gold

Sad news Andy - thanks for passing on the information.

Fox transfers were very popular on the exhibition circuit back in the day.

RIP Jenni and condolences to Mike and the rest of her family and friends.

Sad news. Fox were probably the first to introduce a professional approach to displaying their wares at shows and always seemed to have a finger on the pulse of what the market was going to want next.

They've been sadly missed since they pulled out of exhibitions five or six years back and maybe not as prominent as they were as a result.

Our thoughts are with Mike and the family.

Very sad news, I well remember Jenni and Mike when they attended the Stafford exhibitions many years ago. They were big supporters of the club's endeavours when the exhibition was still in its smaller school venue and always brought a bit of 'colour' to the evening gatherings.

Very sad to hear the news, only thinking about her and Mike the other day whilst sorting through my transfers.

Have known Jenni and Mike since about 1991 and they have helped me on many occassions.

All our sympathies go to Mike and the family.

Wendy & Peter Midwinter

(Railways Unlimited)

• RMweb Gold

Very sad news indeed and my thoughts go to Mike and family. As said Mike and jenni brought life and humour to Warley and any show where I met them and on the occasion I met them at the office could not have been better people.

As also said as makers of art in model form par excelence but this was just part of the business. Quite a few of the products grace the real thing as well!

Rest in peace

Robert     

• RMweb Premium

Very sorry to hear that.  It was always a pleasure to deal with them at Wakefield when I was exhibition manager.  Jenni suffered many health related problems but never complained.   She always had a sense of humour though it was sorely tested one year when one of the other traders kidnapped her fox and hung it from one of the gym ropes in the stadium.  

Jamie

I first met Mike and Jenni at ModelRail 93, held in St.Albans. We were attending with the layout that we had at the time, just before we started building Runswick Leamside.

Anyway, Mike and Jenni happened to be in the bar of the Hotel in the evening, when a load of us, augmented by the Barrow-in-Furness beer monsters decided we were going to drink a load of ale. The session turned into a sing song with the Barrow lads leading us all into a rendition of the 'Allouette' song. This version however, was not the popular French-Canadian childrens melody and contained some very spurious and risque lyrics that both Mike and Jenni joined in with much gusto - in fact, at one point, we thought Mike had swallowed his ciggy due to him belly laughing whilst trying to take a drag at the same moment..............good times.

Both Mike and Jenni were a regular sight on the Exhibition circuit before retirement and Jenni would always ask us about how our various wives/girlfiends were and what everyone was up to. She was genuinely interested and was such a warm, lovely person. I e-mailed the rest of our team today with the sad news, and one of the replies I had contained the following small annecdote:

" I was thinking about Jenni over Easter as she often gave us a team Easter egg whenever Leamside and Fox were attending the same shows around that time of year. I remember the first time we did the Epsom show and she gave us a Thorntons Easter Bunny which we left in the cab of the van for the weekend. When it came to knocking down and loading up at the end of a very warm and sunny Sunday, said bunny had morphed into a puddle at the bottom of the box.........."

That was typical Jenni though, always thoughtful and never complained about her own health. Rest in peace m'dear xx .

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Sad news

My most vivid memory of Jenni is early February 1997 at Rochdale Exhibition. She asked why I was lookings tired but happy. It was just after the birth of our daughter and I was on a flying visit to the ex before returning to the hospital to pick up my wife and new-born to take them home. Whenever we met after that, Jenni always asked after her.

She was always friendly and welcoming to anyone.

RIP Jenni.

Mick

Very sorry indeed to learn this. My deepest sympathies to Mike and family

I first met Jenni and Mike during our planning for the first ModelRail exhibition at St Albans in 1991. As has already been said Jenni was not always in the best of health but always came up smiling. RIP

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very sad news, I well remember Jenni and Mike when they attended the Stafford exhibitions many years ago. They were big supporters of the club's endeavours when the exhibition was still in its smaller school venue and always brought a bit of 'colour' to the evening gatherings.

Hi Nigel

Well said

I was unaware of the passing of Jenni until reading it in the RM yesterday.

RIP Jenni

My thoughts are with you Mike from Terry and my son Chris who used to help you unload on the Friday night at the exhibition

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived