Manchester Victoria(ish).

Jack00

Manchester Victoria North end terminus has been redeveloped over the years, since 1992 the Manchester - Bury line was changed to a light rail tram system, from a side pick-up 3rd rail line using class 504 EMU's.

These days M5000 bombardier trams are used with T68a trams, serving the streets of Greater Manchester, Piccadilly, Manchester airport etc.

The model:

My attempt at recreating the prototype is almost complete, the scenic section itself is a single baseboard of 4ft x 2ft and a same size fiddle yard. The layout uses DCC, EM gauge SMP track with no turnouts. 4 platforms and a road bridge.

Three of the platforms are served by Northern Rail, services to Leeds, Selby. The 4th platform being the end of the line for the Bury - Victoria Metrolink service (in reality this continues into the surrounding streets)

post-13209-0-21327400-1432399891_thumb.jpg

post-13209-0-42323900-1432399944_thumb.jpg

The layout is portable and fits in the boot of the car, with a mortgage on the horizon, ease of transport was a high priority.

Thanks for looking.

Jack

Ranger, there's some pretty big changes going on there at the minute. I look at YouTube uploads of the station to get ideas for the layout.

Matthew, thanks.

I did toy with the idea but I wanted something very modern, especially with new releases in RTR northern rail, such as the class 150 / 144 and Metrolink trams.

I plan to have some DRS class 47/8's for the shopex workings.

Jack.

Good luck with this project, I have been to Victoria recently and the old station is hardly recognisable,thinngs have changed so much. I remember the last platform from when the 504's where running and then they changed it for the tram system. I am modeling the junction ( Radcliffe North) in N-gauge, I actually live in Radcliffe. Some of the structures from the 504 era are still there like the Monkey bridge between Radcliffe Central and Bury,I will watch your post with interest.

Those 504's were always covered in graffiti, especially when they were in the later orange/brown GMPTE livery.

Thanks lilchris, should have some updates coming up soon.

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

I like this a lot

A compact urban terminus is the best way to get the most of the space available and this looks a good one

I will follow with interest

• 1 year later...

Hi Jack

Looking good....

I seem to have missed a lot of your layouts due to my being busy with other things & modelling taking a back seat.....

Great to see you're still producing great layouts & will follow with interest.....

Cheers Bill

Archived