End of the spur, is no more

1137461113_VIPWESTYARD.jpg.729e0637da862f00f8fbfe0843b6ee0a.jpgWell, in these interesting times i've had time to think what's going to happen to the layout, had a couple of offer's to buy, one from the states!, but have finally decided to keep it.

The plan is, it will move up into my loft and stand on 30" legs (though still be available for exhibitions, if we get back to the norm) then i'm going to build a small holding yard, and a offstage fiddle yard(interchange), plans are at an advanced stage, timber bought, going to use what's left of my code 75 points and track, so on with my winter project.

Will update when there's something done.

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 8

• long island jack changed the title to End of the spur, a different direction
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, long island jack said:

Both end of the new extension, are done, VIP factory needs detailing and a light weathering, next the large mill building which has been made into condos, this sit on either side of the stone bridge and runs 30" down the back.

125174993_2785964995014033_3646208288786309721_o.jpg.394fd4f0a89ef56c70b2299359aedd98.jpg

Will there be a bus on it?

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 20:05, Gilbert said:

Funnily enough I've just decided my HO layout will be a permanent fixture in my "shed". B&M plus some Canadian stuff  and no exhibitions!

49948375366_61eb42eeb0_z.jpg

image.png.652355c63074f8f126b5c561893efb45.png

49990406233_5dec7013e9_z.jpg

50040795132_c84050d7c9_z.jpg

Yep, i've retire the layout, now permanent in the loft, to be honest haven't missed the exhibitions, was losing a bit of interest before covid set in, think  i'm going to be more selective with new exhibition layout, to stick to my favourite exhibition, that's if i get invited!!

On 30/11/2020 at 20:22, F-UnitMad said:

Well take your time, Ray!! :rolleyes: :jester:

i'm retired now't else to do, SWMBO is still at work, so once i've hoovered and washed the dishes, i've loads of modelling time (still getting up at silly o'clock in the morning) to get things done

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, long island jack said:

i'm retired now't else to do, SWMBO is still at work, so once i've hoovered and washed the dishes, i've loads of modelling time (still getting up at silly o'clock in the morning) to get things done

Not at all jealous, in any way whatsoever...... :rolleyes: :mosking:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward my retirement, end of March next year! Moving to a 26' x 12' garage with an attached house in the New Year, part of my lump sum going towards having the garage insulated etc ready for my first layout in over 15 years, modern era CSX HO. Can't wait!!

Lee

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, long island jack said:

Yep, i've retire the layout, now permanent in the loft, to be honest haven't missed the exhibitions, was losing a bit of interest before covid set in, think  i'm going to be more selective with new exhibition layout, to stick to my favourite exhibition, that's if i get invited!!

Pie shop will miss you! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...