End of the spur, is no more

47 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Keep on extending it around the loft Ray. Then eventually (in about a month at this rate) you too can join the Roundy-Roundy club.... :jester:

Already been there, had a Roundy-Roundy many moons ago, nothing got done, just set a train off and watched it, non of the industries got switched i got bored very quick and ripped it up, i help a friend with his British Roundy-Roundy at exhibitions, after half an hour i volunteer to go get the teas in, there just not for me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

This morning little project was to build and install some Blue flag warning signs, there made out of a pin, square of platicard and a resized download from the web, once built and painted, i glued the sign on ,drilled a 2mm hole in the ties and added a 2x2x5mm magnet, works a treat!

808906049_blueflag.jpg.c4410295cd1bf5c5221cfe65890ad9fa.jpg

IMG_20210113_113004.jpg.c12a72b936addf06e74c1c6191b9afc3.jpg

IMG_20210113_123949.jpg.fa1572a7dfefa656f4950b46a915392a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

13 minutes ago, long island jack said:

This morning little project was to build and install some Blue flag warning signs, there made out of a pin, square of platicard and a resized download from the web, once built and painted, i glued the sign on ,drilled a 2mm hole in the ties and added a 2x2x5mm magnet, works a treat!

808906049_blueflag.jpg.c4410295cd1bf5c5221cfe65890ad9fa.jpg

IMG_20210113_113004.jpg.c12a72b936addf06e74c1c6191b9afc3.jpg

IMG_20210113_123949.jpg.fa1572a7dfefa656f4950b46a915392a.jpg

I was wondering how to incorporate 'Blue Flag' procedures on my layout. :scratchhead:

Thanks for this - one to blatantly copy.... :sungum:  :locomotive: :mosking:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, long island jack said:

that what i found at first, think mine are a tad taller at 21mm

Having done 00 for years (and TT before that), I can readily calculate the prototype dimensions in those relevant scales.

I have to retrain my brain for 3.5mm mental maths......

(21mm = 6ft) but that's from sleeper, sorry, tie level.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, long island jack said:

yep should be nearer 4',but didn't fancy cutting pins down, they don't look bad, there picture of 7' tall one on the web, i'll live with them

There's a balance between scale accuracy, and robustness of model parts, especially items like this that will be handled a fair bit.

Yours look the part, Ray, it's not like anyone's going to come round and measure them!! :no:

• Agree 3

On 20/01/2021 at 21:22, long island jack said:

A little bit further along and i've even gained 6 extra off spots, last photo, not planned, but there there if i need them!

953856076_IMG_20210120_145937.jpg1a.jpg.446e27abe3a0fa763314eac60b1c5b5e.jpg

Just a thought -  in your first photo (above), if you had a 'mirror image' of the low structure attached to the righthand side of the corner concrete building, attached to the lefthand side as well, it would help disguise further the entry into the fiddle yard (especially with the main building having that awning conveniently masking the transition.  Not a criticism, just a suggestion, but I realise this would add yet another 'ToDo' to the To Do List (sorry).  ;-)

1 hour ago, steveNCB7754 said:

Just a thought -  in your first photo (above), if you had a 'mirror image' of the low structure attached to the righthand side of the corner concrete building, attached to the lefthand side as well, it would help disguise further the entry into the fiddle yard (especially with the main building having that awning conveniently masking the transition.  Not a criticism, just a suggestion, but I realise this would add yet another 'ToDo' to the To Do List (sorry).  ;-)

not sure what you mean

17 minutes ago, long island jack said:

not sure what you mean

Just that you can see the fiddle yard area through that opening in the backscene.  Putting a building 'flat' adjacent to the opening (up against that concrete building in the corner), would help to hide it.  Wouldn't hide it completely, obviously, but sometimes having a bit of scenery, just into the fiddle yard area, helps to disguise the transition.  Naturally, this is also dependant on viewing angles.  My idea would only be helpful from certain angles -  if you can see right into the fiddle yard area from a wider angle, it probably isn't worth it (otherwise the whole fiddle would need scenery (and nobody wants to do that!).

51 minutes ago, steveNCB7754 said:

Just that you can see the fiddle yard area through that opening in the backscene.  Putting a building 'flat' adjacent to the opening (up against that concrete building in the corner), would help to hide it.  Wouldn't hide it completely, obviously, but sometimes having a bit of scenery, just into the fiddle yard area, helps to disguise the transition.  Naturally, this is also dependant on viewing angles.  My idea would only be helpful from certain angles -  if you can see right into the fiddle yard area from a wider angle, it probably isn't worth it (otherwise the whole fiddle would need scenery (and nobody wants to do that!).

Got what you mean, it's not a fiddle yard, it just a track to push my grain cars on, there will always be a grain car there blocking most of the view and  i had a planned for an half sheeted wall coming of the canopy, like the photo, but have run out of supplies

grain.jpg.46a6fdfdbf96385a8e4494f3b7275357.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, long island jack said:

Got what you mean, it's not a fiddle yard, it just a track to push my grain cars on, there will always be a grain car there blocking most of the view and  i had a planned for an half sheeted wall coming of the canopy, like the photo, but have run out of supplies

grain.jpg.46a6fdfdbf96385a8e4494f3b7275357.jpg

Ahh, OK ('my bad').