End of the spur, is no more

• RMweb Gold

Jack

I was thinking along those lines!!

attachicon.gifDSCN2561.JPG

track all fixed down early today :O  :O  (5.30) waiting for glue to set, hope it's dry for wiring to night after work   :locomotive:

Ray

I would never guess what you do for work with all those tins :sungum:

Excellent progress.

Edited by roundhouse

first train ran today, after paint on track was dry, started ballasting tonight, finish it in the morning!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxA0Xw4jODQ&feature=youtu.be

then a weekend free, doing the Foxfield express, with a few mates (yep I have mates too!!!!!)

Ray

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 2

Mal

there's also a down side to small layouts, you get things done quicker, but you wait the same amount of time for things to dry(my ballast not set yet)!

i'll give it over the weekend to harden, i'll just have to go and bash tractors and drink beer,life's so hard at times!!!

Ray

• Like 2

the ballast is nice and hard, put the boards outside in the sun this afternoon, so tonight I could make a start on my point control, nothing fancy, a 40p switch, a bike spoke, a skewer and a bit of piano wire, and hey presto!!

post-13979-0-31944100-1434140452_thumb.jpgpost-13979-0-94829200-1434140468_thumb.jpg

works a treat, all for the princely sum of 65p a point :O which leaves me more money for beer tomorrow :locomotive:

next up buildings!!!

Ray

p.s need to tidy my wiring up

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 2

the ballast is nice and hard, put the boards outside in the sun this afternoon, so tonight I could make a start on my point control, nothing fancy, a 40p switch, a bike spoke, a skewer and a bit of piano wire, and hey presto!!

attachicon.gifDSCN2565.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN2566.JPG

works a treat, all for the princely sum of 65p a point :O which leaves me more money for beer tomorrow :locomotive:

next up buildings!!!

Ray

Tidy up wiring!

p.s need to tidy my wiring up

Hi Ray good to see you have your mojo back...

Having a couple myself now...

New layouts looking good same as always mate your making fast progress just found your link.

Modern engines and stock with card order system should be to your usual high standards.

Keith.

Hi Keith

slowly making progress, but works getting in the way!

operation will be from the front, the plan is, once you train is made up in the fiddle yard, you propel your train out and stop just short of the road crossing,(this simulates conductor getting of last car and flagging the road, thinking of having fuses or operating crossing bucks,if I can stand the bells )you walk around to the front of the layout and switch the industries, you then do the reverse,that's the plan!!!

Ray

Ray - if you want fusees they are available as a kit at a very expensive price, but try these  - I used them on the last layout and they work well   eBay item number: 191588663311 - others are available but these are what you need - push the end of the flexitube up through the road surface to just above flush, each side of the crossing in the appropriate lane - switch on as required   - off - steady - fast flash - slow flash - off simulates it lit and burning down - a small piece if fine black insulation beside it looks like the actual fuse, a couple of bits laying art the side of the road look like spent ones - have fun!  battery operated so no wiring needed

• 2 months later...

After what seems like a life time,i've finally done some modelling this week, i've decided instead of lots of small industries, to have just one main industry.

first up was to make the basic shape of the buildings, (usual stuff 10mm timber/2mm MDF),then started covering it with plasticard

post-13979-0-78745100-1440149864_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-60204700-1440149874_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-75654800-1440149902_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-99971800-1440149968_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-61300800-1440149987_thumb.jpg

while glue etc was drying, had a go at the windows for various buildings

post-13979-0-81747500-1440150273_thumb.jpg

still a longggggggggggggggggggg way to go but it's a start

Ray

• Like 3