End of the spur, is no more

Had a test ,to see if it all fits, Phew! onwards and upwards, still a lot to do, but going in the right direction.

Still have trouble uploading photos, so here's the captions for them, you can sort out which one fits

1 west end goods in

2 overhead crane(love these)

3 power plant/ substation (needs fence, next job)

4 Door ,for Roundhouse

Ray

post-13979-0-17498500-1448797918_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-12917000-1448797957_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-26470300-1448797971_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-59415300-1448797985_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Done some weather effected modelling this week(due to flooding, roads closed etc), buildings fixed,all tanks painted and fixed, footbridge painted, pine fence erected, car park laid  and lined out, windows painted and fixed.

Been a long time since I had this much MOJO ,long may it rain!!

Ray

post-13979-0-95465500-1449247336_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-97668700-1449247360_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-71498600-1449247380_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Thank goodness for all that rain!

Now we can enjoy more of this lovely layout.

Is that sanding paper that you used for the car park?

One other thing.

The CSX GP15 in post #77.

Is that a Proto 1000?

I know it does not have as much detail as the Athearn Genesis but is it a smooth runner?

Cheers!

Jacques

The car park.

Is 2mm MDF, painted white, then  masking tape was cut into 1.5mm strips, fixed at about 35mm centres, then I gave it  2 coats of mid/dark grey acrylic paint, once dry the tape was lifted and different coloured pastels were then rubbed into the surface.

Then 60 thou square strip is used for the kerb (pre painted first) and decorative border, which is filled with dried tea (out of tea bags) to try and represent bark (was going to try ground Cinnamon sticks, may add later), the fence (out of my " don't throw it away box") is by ratio painted cream with a gold and then a brown wash added to make it look like a new wooden fence.

Just need to find some small shrub like trees for the border, and of coarse some cars.

A step closer to the end, which is still well over the hill!

the proto gp15. I picked up at Glasgow show a couple of years ago on a whim, it had been detail up and runs nice.

Ray

Edited by long island jack

The nice man at Crafty Hobbies (Barrow) made me an offer I couldn't refuse, thanks John.

So the plant has another switcher ex Bethlehem steel 45 tonner, here you see the MD handing over the keys to the works Forman. The crews like these(as does the owner), great on those tight curves elsewhere in the plant, the dilemma is, do they paint it black or paint the black one yellow, time will tell.

Not a lot done over the weekend other than painted and fitted some bumpers and playing trains!

Ray

post-13979-0-94962400-1449436035_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

we now have power, (like the rest of Cumbria) substation has been commissioned, security fence erecters, arriving end of week.

Done the top of the warehouse to look as though the track curves between the buildings, jury still out, may look ok when glue and the rest of the roof detail is added.

I'm on a roll, might get finished for the new year!!!,might not be as quick as Mr Gilbert, but i'm getting there.

Ray

post-13979-0-63775800-1449605178_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Project X-BIF ,boards are done, track down, going to get some ballast at the weekend, hoping to do the  buildings while i'm off over Christmas.(but keep it a secret)

there's no rush with " end of the spur" first invites not till 2018 (so far) ,I'm trying to work round Swmbo, so I can take it to TVNAM on the 11th June, she not playing ball yet, we fly on Hols the Sunday the 12th. 

Ray

• RMweb Gold

Project X-BIF ,boards are done, track down, going to get some ballast at the weekend, hoping to do the  buildings while i'm off over Christmas.(but keep it a secret)

there's no rush with " end of the spur" first invites not till 2018 (so far) ,I'm trying to work round Swmbo, so I can take it to TVNAM on the 11th June, she not playing ball yet, we fly on Hols the Sunday the 12th. 

Ray

Sounds good.

Re TVNAM - Can you fit the layout in your luggage :jester:

Another step closer, fascia and pelmets done, holes cut out for point control, DCC socket and CC & WB pockets, first coat of black in recesses.

a couple of coats of black and labels before Christmas then all stop for a while.

Ray

p.s still having trouble posting photos!

post-13979-0-50437300-1450449105.jpg

post-13979-0-92386100-1450449118.jpg

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been laded up with a bad back, can't sit down for to long (unless drinking beer) to do much modelling, manage a little today first for over a month, pain killers starting to work numbs the pain, even better with a pint!!!! 

Plant received there 2 refurbished S2's today in Henry Ford all over black, the crews like these, bit more hoof than the 45 tonners.

Slowly getting there, still a few detail bits to buy when i'm at Alley pally with 59th, shutting the layout down till after April,59th to clean and project X -BIF to get on with.

Ray

post-13979-0-87052100-1454688250.jpg

• Like 8