Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Buffers Advertising

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I have to confirm that for most of us, the Sixties was about as boring as the Fifties, plus a few more arguments with the previous generation who seemed to want to get back to the 1930s.......

Roll on the 21st Century !!

You must have had a very different  60s to me

Don

I see a market for 4mm scale Burkhas!

Ebay is your friend.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100pcs-Painted-Arabs-People-Figures-Model-fit-Ho-Scale-1-75-Train-Scenery-Layout-/371283416141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item567237544d

But on a technicality, aren't they the Noch "Sexy Scenes" range - and thus not actually Buffers' products just something they (along with other stores) sell?

• RMweb Gold

Ebay is your friend.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100pcs-Painted-Arabs-People-Figures-Model-fit-Ho-Scale-1-75-Train-Scenery-Layout-/371283416141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item567237544d

But on a technicality, aren't they the Noch "Sexy Scenes" range - and thus not actually Buffers' products just something they (along with other stores) sell?

Aren't those chess pieces?

Humans are weird! People get wound up over kids seeing models, or in this case pictures of models, of human beings in their natural state, but are quite happy for them to own and build military models, and do wargaming, when war has killed and caused suffering to countless millions of people :scratchhead:. No one seems to object to the new Farish train set with wagons carrying killing machines, although I suppose they're fully clothed as they're hidden under tarpaulins :O.

• RMweb Gold

This thread reminds me of a story told us by a tour guide in Cape Town.

As we drove past a heavily reinforced residential complex with a large swimming pool, we were told a story of an old woman that lived there had complained to the police and the management that people could be seen swimming naked in the pool. When the manager visited her apartment, he noticed that the pool was not visible from the old dear's window. "So how can you see naked people if you can't see the pool M'am?"

"Well I can when I stand on a chair"

Neil

• RMweb Premium

Depends on what you were taking. I can remember plenty

Don

I can remember the last steam workings but I was only 15 then.   Substances other than baccy and that dreadful brown liquid with foam on the top were only just becoming distractions other substances had to wait till Uni or so I'm told.

Jamie

I can remember the last steam workings but I was only 15 then.

I'm 3 or 4 years older than you & I remember the last steam workings quite clearly.

Many other things around that time are a complete blur  .  .  .  .

Perhaps just as well they remain that way!

As for the OP - what can I say?

Even SWMBO has made it into - and out of! - Buffers without being unduly sullied by the experience.  In fact, she's on first-name terms with Maria.

Hi Andy,

If you are saying it's common sense to block language that some people might find offensive, I completely agree with you. What I don't understand is why it's not common sense to block images that some people might find offensive also.

I hope it's not because one of them provides a source of revenue for RMweb?

I'll say no more - don't want to get banned :)

Cheers!

Andy.

Not so long ago Allan Downes posted a picture of some redneck (if anyone finds that epitaph offensive please go away!) crouched over the freshly-killed corpse of a grizzly bear, because like myself and many others, he finds hunting for fun abhorrent! The next post read, "Mods please remove. Not nice". Happily it wasn't removed because the vast majority of users on here, young and old, are adult enough to understand that Allan's intentions were to highlight something which happens in the real world. In the real world people have body's, even you! Nudity is something which is a part of the everyday world too! Fortunately the Mary Whitehouse's of this world have had their day and we are no longer in the position of the few dictating what the majority should think! If you don't like it, don't look. Just don't expect the majority to have much sympathy with your frothing!

Regards

Bill (a member who provides no source of revenue to RMWeb whatsoever!)

Perhaps I need to remind the RMweb populous that these figurines are faithful reproductions of people actually taking a bath or stepping into the shower

Faithful reproductions.... In HO scale. Which either means using them in forced perspective, or willfully including something of an obviously wrong scale, just for the entertainment value..... (unless you model in HO).

Has the OP considered an ad blocker? Mine must work well, as I'm unable to see the "offending" ads...

A "pop-up" blocker might also be appropriate in the context of horny little plastic figures (ooer missus). All depends what you want to stop "popping up", I guess...

Has the OP considered an ad blocker? Mine must work well, as I'm unable to see the "offending" ads...

A "pop-up" blocker might also be appropriate in the context of horny little plastic figures (ooer missus). All depends what you want to stop "popping up", I guess...

*cough* http://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/canterbury-naked-bike-ride-17886/

• RMweb Gold

Does the entire human population have a uniform height? Don't think so! I'm 6 ft tall (well, near enough :P ) and for where I come from, that's increasingly on the short side. Yet, in Asia I'd tower over most of the population there :P But just not in Asia, also in other parts of Europe. And my younger brothers are even taller then me! :O

Must go to Specsavers - I scan read 'Asia' as 'Asda' (mind it might also be true there of course). :jester: 

Must go to Specsavers - I scan read 'Asia' as 'Asda' (mind it might also be true there of course). :jester: 

Clearly you have the mind of an Android operating system.

I texted the wife yesterday to pick up some chillies from Asda, guess what it auto corrected to.

Archived