Rapido LRC in Starship Enterprise Shuttle livery - limited edition

JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

Strange. I was number 36 on the list, with delivery to France plus a couple of days delay due to sorting out sound, plus a weekend lost because I was in a meeting when the delivery popped round.

I would contact them if I were you.

I have.

Here are some pictures I took while installing the DCC chip:

post-15098-0-92393200-1434833283_thumb.jpg

post-15098-0-80912300-1434833298_thumb.jpg

post-15098-0-47558500-1434833324_thumb.jpg

You will notice on the bottom right, in a bag, 2 slimline speakers supplied with the chip. They are not really needed as the model has 2 big round speakers, one fitted above each bogie.

• RMweb Gold

It arrived this morning. The front door bell rang at just past 10:30, and by the time I got to the door there was no sight nor sound of the delivery agent. The parcel had been left on a shelf in the porch.

I found this strange, as the parcel has a shocking pink sticker on it saying "Customs fee to pay", and a charge notice detailing the calculation of the fee, with the words "This package cannot be delivered until the charges are paid." Obviously it can, because it was.

It arrived this morning. The front door bell rang at just past 10:30, and by the time I got to the door there was no sight nor sound of the delivery agent. The parcel had been left on a shelf in the porch.I found this strange, as the parcel has a shocking pink sticker on it saying "Customs fee to pay", and a charge notice detailing the calculation of the fee, with the words "This package cannot be delivered until the charges are paid." Obviously it can, because it was.

That is good news. So we now know there is one in the UK and one in France. I am amazed that none have hit Ebay

• RMweb Gold

Well, I, for one, have no intention of putting mine up for sale.

Incidentally, for those who are interested in this sort of thing, mine is No. 12.

Now to run it in on my test track, then fit DCC. The next few days could be quite interesting.

I'd be surprised if any went on eBay immediately, as you had to bid on them to get one so anyone willing to pay for one will have done so already. So it would be very hard to make an instant profit. Which in turn means that they won't have attracted the interest of potential resellers in the first place.

In the long run, of course, a a few will probably trickle through as owners decide to downsize their collections (or inherited collections are sold off by people with no interest in model railways). But there's nothing wrong with that kind of trade (and, indeed, the availability of eBay et al is beneficial in those circumstances).

In general Canadians are very respectful as a people so maybe the idea of putting one for a huge price on e bay would be frowned upon.

If this had been a UK thing, you can be certain there would one on sale on ebay a week later for top dollar.

In general Canadians are very respectful as a people so maybe the idea of putting one for a huge price on e bay would be frowned upon.

If this had been a UK thing, you can be certain there would one on sale on ebay a week later for top dollar.

Aww, that's nice of you eh? :P

I suspect more of the reason there is no instant ebaying is that with the auction Jason did to sell them, speculators may not have got their hands on them not knowing what they would go for and the demand.  I suspect over time they will bounce around as people sadly pass on or exit the hobby, but it's nice to see that it looks like they actually got to people who really want them and the money got to a charity that can do good with it.

Stephen

Archived