Class 91 Buffer beam details/kits?

DaveClass47

Hi guys,

Apologies for starting yet another thread on the bleeding Hornby Class 91, but does anyone know

1) the layout of a class 91 buffer beam

2) are there any manufacturers of these detailing parts out there??

Or is it a case of looking at Google images and using detailing pipes etc from other locos and fitting them as best we can??

Hope you can give suggestions!

Thanks

Dave

post-19916-0-06514000-1433336816_thumb.jpg

In regards to the bufferbeam layout Colin Marsden's 2007 edition of Traction Recognition has a labelled picture of the slab end of a 91 at the bottom of page 85. Assuming that the layout is the same at both ends, if you could get access to that book it may be of some use.

Edit to add two more reference materials that might be of use. The October 2002 issue of Model Rail has a Materclass on the Class 89/91 engines and page 22 has some information on deatailing the Hornby model. Along similar lines, George Dent's "Detailing & Modifying Ready-to-Run Locomomotives in OO Gauge: Volume 1" has a section on detailing the class 91, page 106 being about the buffer beam. Both of these suggest manufacturers of parts to help.

The parts listed in the 2002 Model Rail article are:

CR112 pipes

M2933 Buckeye

A2603 Vestibule rubbing plate

A1 chopped oleo buffers.

I think they are variously from the Craftsman and A1 ranges but as the article is over 12 years old now I am not sure if they are all still available and/or still using the same reference codes but hopefully will be of some use to you.

I have just remebered that the Spring 2013 edition of Model Rail also looked at the Class 91 in the Workbench section. They suggest the chopped buffers frm MG Sharp and Shawplan for the hoses. That article is probably the most comprehensive of all the articles in terms of detailing a 91, the only thing it doesn't cover is converting a Hornby model into a 91/1 with the additional bodyside grills.

Hi Dave,

Are you looking to change the full buffer beam on the Class 91 and DVT? If so and if you cannot get hold of parts then let me know. I can probably design them for you with the desired amount of detail you require. The grilles can be etched by Narrow Planet.

Just suggestions. But do PM me if you need any 3D modelling help.

Cheers!

J

Archived