Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Operation Abysis

Jimmy styles

so i moved the layout into the lounge in order to prepare it for my photo shoot, and my children decided that they wanted to play trains, but they wanted to play with their train, i'm not sure Thomas goes with the theme but they had fun.

post-24423-0-06583600-1467405710_thumb.jpg

however here it is, in all of its glory!!

post-24423-0-71705100-1467405712_thumb.jpg

so now the amazing Chris Nevard has taken the photos for Model Rail i would say that its finished!!!!

but is a layout ever really finished??

post-24423-0-62074900-1467405713_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-55316100-1467405714_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-70007300-1467405715_thumb.jpg

i cannot wait to see the photos and see my layout in print.

the only thing left is to open her up to exhibitions. (when i work out how.)

she will be at her first exhibition in September in Peterborough as part of the www.thelittlelayoutcompany.co.uk show at Werrington.

when i started this layout i set myself two goals 1.to get it featured in a magazine and 2.exhibit the layout.
both of these goals are going to be achieved and in the first layout i have ever finished!

i'm happy with what i have achieved in the last two years. a labour of love.

• Like 5

Well done to achieving both goals with your first layout. With my layout last year was at my first exhibition along with Neil and The Little Layout Company and I must aay it was a wonderful experience, everyone was helpful,talkative and a pleasent bunch of people made me feel welcome I'll find out soon if Neil wants me back either way I'll be there to see your work and just admire the detail you've put into it

Shaun

Well done to achieving both goals with your first layout. With my layout last year was at my first exhibition along with Neil and The Little Layout Company and I must aay it was a wonderful experience, everyone was helpful,talkative and a pleasent bunch of people made me feel welcome I'll find out soon if Neil wants me back either way I'll be there to see your work and just admire the detail you've put into it

Shaun

Will be good to say hi at the show then. Neil came over mine while Chris was taking the photos.

Not strictly true if the new live action movie is anything to go by as the plot has Thomas helping a group of children evacuated to the country during WW2

so i moved the layout into the lounge in order to prepare it for my photo shoot, and my children decided that they wanted to play trains, but they wanted to play with their train, i'm not sure Thomas goes with the theme but they had fun.

attachicon.gif2016-07-01 10.04.51.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so today i achieved one of my goals when i started this layout just over two years ago. i exhibited operation abyss at www.thelittlelayoutcompany.co.uk exhibition in peterborough.

the started off good although i had to play a massive game of jenga to get it all in my car.

post-24423-0-34832100-1473539534_thumb.jpg

once at the venue it was actually amazingly fast to set up.

post-24423-0-95938800-1473539534_thumb.jpg

post-24423-0-99021700-1473539535_thumb.jpg

i am pleased to report that the layout throughout the end was completely faultless, the only issues was operator issues (wrong point direction and me being clumsey and knocking a wagon off the layout -nothing super glue cant fix.)

i was pleased with the amount of positive comments i received.

i hope this was the first of many exhibitions.

• Like 9

The next big thing will be the model rail feature. Photos all done just awaiting to find out what month it will be in.

However with exhibitions, I have nothing booked. I now need to get it out there that it's available for booking. Just Gotta work out the best way to get it out there.

The next big thing will be the model rail feature. Photos all done just awaiting to find out what month it will be in.

However with exhibitions, I have nothing booked. I now need to get it out there that it's available for booking. Just Gotta work out the best way to get it out there.

Look forward to reading the artical.

Regarding displaying at other show, pick the ones you would like to attend and email the exhibition manager. With the layout in print you're in a good starting point.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received the professional photos and they are amazing, model rail said it will be in print early next year!!

I am in the process of putting together a facts sheet with photos and size etc to email to exhibition managers.

• Like 1

I have received the professional photos and they are amazing, model rail said it will be in print early next year!!

I am in the process of putting together a facts sheet with photos and size etc to email to exhibition managers.

Excellent news. I look forward to reading the article.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

so as we all know a layout is never finished, and mine is no exception.

i decided that no harbour layout is complete unless it has some pesky seagull's.

so i had the honour of helping www.thelittlelayoutcompany.co.uk with their exhibition layout at peterborough model railway show. luckily Langley models where also at the same show. so i sneaked off and picked up some unpainted seagulls.

post-24423-0-11749700-1477069053.jpg

i could of purchased these pre painted however i like to paint everything to give it my own touch.

post-24423-0-28665800-1477069054.jpg

so after a afternoon of painting i was happy with how they looked. next up was to position all nine on the layout.

post-24423-0-73608900-1477069054.jpg

post-24423-0-41267800-1477069055.jpg

post-24423-0-25221800-1477069056.jpg

so if you see me at a show, see if you can spot all nine.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

good news, on the 17th January, i am being interviewed for model rail mag and taking the layout to my mates model railway shop in market deeping Lincolnshire for the day, as the guys from model rail want to see it.

then the layout will be in Aprils mag.

• Like 4

good news, on the 17th January, i am being interviewed for model rail mag and taking the layout to my mates model railway shop in market deeping Lincolnshire for the day, as the guys from model rail want to see it.

then the layout will be in Aprils mag.

Great new Jimmy. I'll look forward to reading the article.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...