S-Kits JYA

George is certainly still making his kits.

You are pretty much limited to ordering from him and payment tends to be via cheque etc

Hi there, thanks for the reply. Do you have contact details for george? or is he on this forum?

many thanks

Darryl

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Does anyone know if George is still operating S-Kits from the address:

16, Barrow Road,

Sileby,

Loughborough.

LE12 7LP

I've tried contacting him several times using the email address on his order form (circa 2014) and have received no response.

I've also sent an order, with cheque a couple of weeks ago and also no response. The cheque has not been presented to the bank.

Has he moved?

Bob

Hello,

Does anyone know if George is still operating S-Kits from the address:

16, Barrow Road,

Sileby,

Loughborough.

LE12 7LP

I've tried contacting him several times using the email address on his order form (circa 2014) and have received no response.

I've also sent an order, with cheque a couple of weeks ago and also no response. The cheque has not been presented to the bank.

Has he moved?

Bob

Bob,

That is the correct address.

George has had a few problems this year, he is trying to catch up but has only recently been able to start.

Sorry.

Bob,

That is the correct address.

George has had a few problems this year, he is trying to catch up but has only recently been able to start.

Sorry.

Thanks Paul.

I believe George will be at DEMU Burton in 4 weeks time. I could wait and pick the kits up then but I can't get in contact.

Are you in touch with him?

Bob

Hello

I recently received an order from George but it took about a month to arrive, so probably best to be patient. 

I asked for a recent list too.

Wagon Kits

W1 Yeoman/TML box wagon (various types available with differing bogies & buffers) £17.50

W2 Railtrack JNA (various bogies to suit) £17.50

W4 Tiphook JRA 90 tonne box wagon £17.50

W8 Yeoman O&K JYA box wagon £17.50

W13 British Steel Redmire PGA £20.75

W14 KWA bogie well wagon £20.75

W15 Sea Urchin (ex VDA, long / short handbrake version available) £17.50

W16 British Steel / Yeoman / ARC / VTG bogie tippler £17.50

W17 FEA-F  Network Rail container flat (RHTT) etched brass kit with whitemetal fittings £20.50

W20 FEA-S Container flat etched brass kit with whitemetal fittings £20.50

There's alot more too, bogies, buffers, brake fittings, handbrake wheels, container kits, miscellaneous fittings, scenic items and wheels. Most of his fittings as far as I know are white metal castings.

Hope this helps. If you're interested in wagons and don't want to scratchbuild his resin kits build up quite nicely with a bit of work. 

He can be contacted at the above address but include a stamped SAE.

regards

I forgot to add to the above post about his  postage charges! :scratchhead:

Orders under £2.50 add 75p

under £15.00 add £2.00

under £40.00 add £3.00

orders over £40.00 post free in the UK mainland only.

D9502,

If that is a recent S-Kits price list, can you let me know whether George still produces the resin bodies for the second batch of MHA wagons to fit on the Hornby HAA / MHA chassis?  If so, what is the current price?

Also, do S-Kits still produce etched walkways for Bachmann tank wagons?  I've a couple of TEA and half a dozen TTA wagons that I would like to upgrade to etched walkways and I understand that S-kits used to do these. Again, what is the current price?

Hopefully I'll be able to put together a first order, as I want one of the CAIB/VTG bogie well wagons, which according to the list above is wagon kit 14.  I was never sure what the kit cost until now.

Hi David

yes kit CC9 Alternative Coalfish body for the HAA chassis is £5.75

MC11 etched brass replacement catwalk for Bachmann TTA Shell / BP £4.85

MC12 etched brass replacement catwalk for Bachmann TTA Esso £4.85

MC23 etched brass replacement twin catwalk for Bachmann TTA Shell £4.85

I can't see anything for the TEA tanks, I got mine from Jon at A1 Models, he still does them.

regards

• 3 months later...

I printed my own with transfer paper (crafty computer paper).

There is still quite a bit to do to finish them off: namely weathering the outsides which I think will make them look a bit more balanced.

A couple more shots attached.

Guy

post-7525-0-27411500-1472680719_thumb.jpg

post-7525-0-15390000-1472680727_thumb.jpg

Edited by lyneux
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, received a price list from George today. However the list I received states that the Yeoman O&K 102ton hopper wagon is TBA. Is this an old list or is the hopper wagon still not available?

regards,

darryl

Darryl,

The S-kits price list that I have is dated June 2016 and the wagon kit W10 Yeoman O&K 12 ton hopper wagon is marked as Price - £TBA, which I assume means that it not yet available.  It would probably be worthwhile e-mailing George (infoshranel @ btinternet.com) to clarify if these are the wagons you are after.

Darryl,

The S-kits price list that I have is dated June 2016 and the wagon kit W10 Yeoman O&K 12 ton hopper wagon is marked as Price - £TBA, which I assume means that it not yet available.  It would probably be worthwhile e-mailing George (infoshranel @ btinternet.com) to clarify if these are the wagons you are after.

thank you for the reply. I will e-mail him.

regards,

darryl

• 4 months later...

I have been trying to get hold of George via the email address on the June 2016 price list, but it has come back as "this account not registered at btinternet". Does anyone have an up to date email address for him please? Or do we have to send a letter now?

Thanks

I have been trying to get hold of George via the email address on the June 2016 price list, but it has come back as "this account not registered at btinternet". Does anyone have an up to date email address for him please? Or do we have to send a letter now?

Thanks

Mike,

Unfortunately no.  The last e-mail that I received from S-Kits was sent from the e-mail address on the June 2016 price list, but that was in August 2016.  I have however tried to send an e-mail from Yahoo this evening to check whether I get the same message as you.  So far nothing has bounced back, but if I get a reply, I'll hopefully be able to confirm that the Scherelien bogies are cast whitemetal and postage costs to France.  I'm not sure what else you were wanting to ask. 

Mike,

Unfortunately no.  The last e-mail that I received from S-Kits was sent from the e-mail address on the June 2016 price list, but that was in August 2016.  I have however tried to send an e-mail from Yahoo this evening to check whether I get the same message as you.  So far nothing has bounced back, but if I get a reply, I'll hopefully be able to confirm that the Scherelien bogies are cast whitemetal and postage costs to France.  I'm not sure what else you were wanting to ask. 

Thanks David - I will be off-air for a few days after this, but will look out for your result when back on line! Yes, those are exactly the questions I was asking - I would order two bogies (BG31 x 2) plus a wheel pack (WP9 x 1), for the postage calculation. Many thanks for your help.