Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

what clubs are there in south wales

mozzer models

I will be moving to south wales what model railway clubs are there

As you don't say exactly where in South Wales you intend setting up home, here are a few to be going on with................

(i)  North Gwent

(ii) Newport

(iii) Cardiff 4mm

(iv) Cardiff Model Engineering

(v) Barry & Penarth

(vi) Swansea

(vii) Bay Model Railway Group (Cardiff)

There is also a 'loose affiliation' of several RMwebbers in the 'Greater Cardiff' area, who occasionally 'meet up'  and also keep in touch both via RMweb and other means.

Many of us will be at the 'Small Model Railway Show 2017' ( a sort of informal gathering), to be held in Cardiff on 21st. January next year.

Further details are available if you require.

Brian R

PS

Have your passport ready, and I can arrange a visa if necessary.

"Croeso I Gymru"

Edited by br2975

As you don't say exactly where in South Wales you intend setting up home, here are a few to be going on with................

(i)  North Gwent

(ii) Newport

(iii) Cardiff 4mm

(iv) Cardiff Model Engineering

(v) Barry & Penarth

(vi) Swansea

(vii) Bay Model Railway Group (Cardiff)

There is also a 'loose affiliation' of several RMwebbers in the 'Greater Cardiff' area, who occasionally 'meet up'  and also keep in touch both via RMweb and other means.

Many of us will be at the 'Small Model Railway Show 2017' ( a sort of informal gathering), to be held in Cardiff on 21st. January next year.

Further details are available if you require.

Brian R

PS

Have your passport ready, and I can arrange a visa if necessary.

"Croeso I Gymru"

were moving to seven sisters

• RMweb Gold

Would that be Seven Sisters, Neath Port Talbot - as opposed to a number of other places of similar name, the other side of Offa's Dyke?

(I know - I had to Google that one - before today, the only Seven Sisters I'd heard of was on a tube map! Thanks for the excuse to do some research.)

• Like 1

were moving to seven sisters

Seven Sisters, Neath Valley.

Swansea will be your nearest club, the contact there is Noel Blowes.

You also have up to three 'booked' trains a day to and from Onllwyn Washery to divert your attention.......

Brian R

Edited by br2975

You also have up to three 'booked' trains a day to and from Onllwyn Washery to divert your attention.......

Brian R

Yes We know about the train the house overlooks the line & I can see the line from what will be my bedroom

29931243034_7261e40c3d_c.jpg2016-10-25_05-38-10 by brian mosby, on Flickr

Would that be Seven Sisters, Neath Port Talbot - as opposed to a number of other places of similar name, the other side of Offa's Dyke?

(I know - I had to Google that one - before today, the only Seven Sisters I'd heard of was on a tube map! Thanks for the excuse to do some research.)

yes its Neath

• RMweb Gold

Brian R

That's a lot of laundry.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...