What are these?

They're not meant to represent anything I think. They're clips for holding set track together if it's not pinned or glued down.

Thanks. I've a couple of these in a box of assorted junk. Now I know I can safely throw them out.

Thanks. I've a couple of these in a box of assorted junk. Now I know I can safely throw them out.

Never throw nowt out, thee never knows when thee'l need ont.   

They could be handy when HSTs are hurtling around 1st radius curves at Mach 1

Never throw nowt out, thee never knows when thee'l need ont.   

They could be handy when HSTs are hurtling around 1st radius curves at Mach 1

True, but two wouldn't help much!

Hi all,

I bought a box of "train set" bits on eBay, in the box were these:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170528_201237557.jpg

Does anyone know what they are supposed to represent?

Thanks

Andrew

I came across some of these in an old box of mine just a few weeks ago. The little black rectangular shape with side nibs are to clip the end of a piece of track to the next piece. As lankyphil said, it's for when you don't pin the track down. I think it was mainly for the toy train sets that were set up on the carpet, it was a way of keeping the track connected whenever the fishplates loosened up after some rough usage. If I remember right, I think it only worked on one make of track, it wasn't universal as it depended on the spacing of the last sleeper.

Your picture shows a clip resting in the middle of the track, this is almost in the correct position but it's facing up (and not at the end of the track). Turn this over then move it to the end of the track where you'll connect the next run of track. Push it down to click.

Archived