Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Resistor wheelsets

pctrainman

Hi , I hope i've put this in the right section ? , I have the need to create resistor wheelsets on some of my N gauge rolling stock and have watched a few vids and have everything I need but am puzzled as the vids give step by step instructions as to fitting resistors to metal wheeled stock incorporating an insulator on one wheel and plastic wheeled stock but there is no mention of wheelsets in metal that have no insulator such as my Bachman BR guards vans , does anyone know what I should do with these ?.

Metal wheel sets must have an insulator somewhere in the axle to wheel system else you would get a short.

Either one or both wheels will have an insulating sleeve or the axle will be in two halves with an insulated joiner.

In any case 'glue' a piece of resistance wire across the 'break' using conductive 'paint' or per your video instructions.

Edited by RAFHAAA96

Metal wheel sets must have an insulator somewhere in the axle to wheel system else you would get a short.

Either one or both wheels will have an insulating sleeve or the axle will be in two halves with an insulated joiner.

In any case 'glue' a piece of resistance wire across the 'break' using conductive 'paint' or per your video instructions.

Hi RAFHAAA96, thanks for that I must have been having a senior moment yesterday as i've just put my meter on the Bachman wheelsets and found that both wheels are insulated from the axle , i'm sorry if i've wasted anyones time .