Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Detailing Silverfox 10000

• RMweb Gold

hi all, i have just acquired a silverfox 10000 for a very good price, comes on a Bachmann class 37 chassis so is dcc ready, happy days.

it looks very nice but i'd like to add some detailing, buffer beams, roof fans, buffer stops, hand rails. i have searched high and low and can't find anything. does anybody know if you can buy detailing kits for it or which bits i could buy for other classes that i could use?

thanks

hi all, i have just acquired a silverfox 10000 for a very good price, comes on a Bachmann class 37 chassis so is dcc ready, happy days.

it looks very nice but i'd like to add some detailing, buffer beams, roof fans, buffer stops, hand rails. i have searched high and low and can't find anything. does anybody know if you can buy detailing kits for it or which bits i could buy for other classes that i could use?

thanks

There aren't any specific detailing kits for this and 10001 as far as I am aware.

Wild Swan published a very detailed book on the locos as part of their Locos of the LMS softback series, and this unearthed a lot of previously unpublished data about the locos as they were both subject to many changes during their lifetimes. So if you really want to go too town this would be very useful.

I think A1 Models of Worksop, John Flower, may have done roof fans at some stage for the locos, otherwise I'd have thought any generic buffer beam fittings, suitably located in the right place, would be appropriate.

John.

Hi Jonnyuk,

I did a similar exercise to the Silver Fox No. 18000 Gas Turbine loco which is the first loco on my Little Didcot thread. There is a link to this below in my signature. It might be of use to look at...

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Castle

Edited by Castle

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

sorry for the late reply, thank you for the help.

as it turns out i called Bachmann and spoke to a very very helpful chap who just so happend to have a returned green 10000 sitting on his bench.

for £12 i got

x2 buffer beam detailing parts (its a whole buffer beam not just some hoses)

x2 horns

x3 wind screen whipers

x4 buffers

and most importantly, x2 front end hatches.

i have now fitted these, painted and considering its my first attempt at any modifying its looks good, really pleased.

i do want to add a roof fan and maybe side grills but that can wait for now.

i'll add a few pics when its finished