GWR Kirk Monster

Hi Gentlemen.

I have been battling long and hard with this project it has almost been binned twice. I am now looking at replacing the plastic bogies which come with the kit. I am not that well informed on what is available, I just want to acquire a reasonable pair. I am not a rivet counter neither do I require any form of suspension.

Any advice please.

Thank you.

Craig.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

All but the wheelsets, pinpoint bearings and nuts and bolts to attach the bogies, in the version of the kit I purchased loooooong ago. Were the buffers turned brass as well? Memory retrieval error, neurons inaccessible...

Sorry I didn't realize Ian Kirk was only 7mm.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I didn't realize Ian Kirk was only 7mm.

Ian Kirk started off with 4mm models, As I recall it, he began with Gresley LNER stock that was unavailable anywhere else at the time - long before Hornby brought out their detailed Gresley corridor and non- corridor stock. Ian Kirk also produced lovely kits for others of the big four, including the GWR Monster. Jonathan Welleans posted on RMweb a photograph of his Ian Kirk Monster away back in January 2013 - here it is at post 61:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/66383-modelling-a-traditional-parcels-train/page-3

John Storey