Modern terminus 1990

class37418stag

• RMweb Premium

I think you might find some short sections where, for example, the station is on a bridge.  Stonehaven comes to mind, although it's obviously not a terminus. I think the dark sections of surface in this picture http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/04/50/35/4503530_0f55c5dd.jpg are wooden, where the platforms extend over a road on a steel girder bridge.  I can't remember what the face of the platform is though, and they certainly aren't "wooden platforms" in the traditional sense, but might give you ideas or inspiration for whatever you're looking to build.

Hythe (Hampshire) pier tramway - well you didn't say it had to be standard gauge!

00 gauge standard gauge modern terminus with loop and private siding

Modern train -

DMU - 121, 153, 150

Freight wagons - Railfreight red/grey open / closed

Diesel locomotives - 31,37,47 maybe 56, 58, 60

Diesel shunter - 08,09,14

Wood platform and modern shelter

post-1297-0-65119100-1511384618.jpeg

Edited by class37418stag

• RMweb Premium

HI Andrew,

As with some of the above comments I would suggest that timber platforms would have been rare.  That said, I have encountered 'temporary' surfacing formed from heavy plywood sheeting covered with something akin to coarse roofing felt to reduce slip hazards.

Hope that's of help.

Regards,

Alex.

West Yorkshire PTE in the 1980s opened some stations with wooden platforms, though none were termini.  Bramley and Outwood come to mind.

Thank you to Taigatrommel and I forget about Outwood station of wood platform by route from Sheffield / Doncaster to Leeds by I was on train and saw that wood platform of Outwood near Wakefield

Thanks again

I will build modern layout with wood platform

• 1 month later...