RMweb

Scalelink Wheels

DC Kits have a range of Scalelink wheels in stock, contact:  charlie@dckits.co.uk

Thanks, I can get hold of Scalelink wheels without any difficulty, and already have some. Unfortunately it is Scalelink wheels which are giving me some problems (see my original post for details)

I have just received confirmation from one of the Loco Kit producers I referred to in an earlier post, that when they said Romfords were not available they were referring to the later RP 25 wheels i.e. Markits wheels. They have confirmed that the wheels are currentlty unavailable from the manufacturer in the sizes that I want, but they are still hopefull of some being available in February.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I can confirm that 14mm Romford Makits wheels are currently unavailable. Mark Arscott has recently replied to my email enquiry, advising that 14mm-10 spoke wheels are awaiting re-tooling and casting, and that 14mm-13 spoke wheels are awaiting delivery from the factory.

Fortunately I was able to secure six 14mm-13 spoke wheels at a local show this weekend, from one of the two loco kit producers I previously mentioned, but they were the last six he had in stock.

Edited by Guest

• 6 years later...

Evening, 

Sorry to open up and old thread, but I have just bought an SR D1 kit from SE Finecast and was invoiced for a set of Scalelink wheels that are on back order. I called Squires and advised that I asked for the Markits set, to which the replied "we can't get them anymore". Fair enough (I thought) and I cancelled the wheel set as I felt this wasn't like an online food shop where they substitute your favourite food items for some other inferior brand, and figured I could probably get a set of Markits wheels elsewhere.

Is this the case? Are Markits wheels getting difficult to source? I have Gibsons for another D1 that I acquired as a cheap auction item, and figured that I may use a set of those if push came to shove, as reading on the beginning of this thread, the Scalelink wheels are prone to being deformed? Is there improvement in them since 2017 and should I go for them if I can't get Markits in the size required?

Sorry if it sounds like a moan, but I just wondered if the given alternatives are worth a punt (I've been out of kit building in OO for a long time and always trusted the Romford/Markits wheels).

Cheers,

Tim

• Friendly/supportive 1

The owner of Markits is unwell at present so there are significant supply problems.

I understand Squires are working on developing their own wheels.

Alan

• Informative/Useful 1