New chassis for Bachmann Parallel Boiler Royal Scot

Picking up on the discussion which started as a result of Bachmann announcing that their new version of the parallel boiler Royal Scot has been put on the back burner for now, I'm wondering which option would be preferable for replacing the old split chassis under one of the existing models.

Models which seem to be fairly obvious potential sources of a replacement, non-split chassis are the Hornby rebuilt Scot, or the modern, non-spilt chassis Bachmann Jubilee.

The Hornby model has the potential benefit of pickups on the tender wheels as well as the driving wheels.  I've read that it's a simple job to fit the Hornby chassis to the Bachmann parallel boiler body.  I've also read that the Hornby tender is a bit poor, though I'd guess that if your Bachmann Scot has the Stanier tender (as mine does) then it should be fairly straightforward to fit the Bachmann tender body to the Hornby tender chassis.  Whether that would be better or worse I don't know.

I also don't know how easy it is to fit the non-split Bachmann Jubilee chassis to the Scot body.  Is it a straight swap, or is some surgery required?  I also don't know whether the Jubilee driving wheels would fit under the Scot body - I know they should be the same diameter, but are they in the same place?  (I'm struggling to find the necessary info online.)

A third potential donor model might be the non-split-chassis Bachmann Patriot, which I would hazard a guess is the same as the Jubilee, or as near as makes no odds.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully upgraded their Bachmann Scot in any of the above ways - or other ways I haven't thought of - and how easy or otherwise they found the process to be.

Thanks, I had seen that thread* but I hadn't noticed before that Silver Sidelines pointed out on that thread the difference between the Scot and Jub driving wheel balance weights.  Can't take the risk of people pointing and laughing** so I've gone for a Hornby rebuilt Scot to provide the new chassis.  The twelve wheel pickup should be a handy bonus.

* You actually linked to the poster's profile page, not the thread - but I found the thread from their topics list: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129464-Bachmann-royal-scot/

** Well, my missus is the only other person likely to see it and she wouldn't be aware of the difference.  But I would know!

Besides the wheel weights the original Scots' cylinders are different. I'm afraid I'm not technical enough to post pictures, but from pictures in LMS Locomotives vol 5 the original Scots and Patriots were somewhat similar, but the Jubilees were different. Upon rebuilding the Scots and Patriots were given cylinders very similar to the Jubilees. Incidentally, Bachmann have put the same Jubilee/rebuilt Patriot cylinders on their unrebuilt Patriots, which is wrong.