Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

FPH 603's Drawing Board!

FPH 603

Many would have noticed I've actually started to build my Class 112 DMU. I've put here the history of how this set (and a Class 113) found its way to Kingsborough.

E 51700 and E 51725 (both formerly bore 'M' prefixes) were built by Cravens in 1959. Upon withdrawal from Cricklewood East (14A) in 1968 it was transferred to Kingsborough to be 'scrapped'. An spare 112 DMC was also transferred along with this set. A few months after a Class 113 was also transferred, this set comprised of M 51743 and M 51768 (if the 112 is a success I may make a Class 113 too!) These were stored for potential use on the line. Not long after the spare DMC was stripped for usable parts and soon after both sets were back in service. The 112 spare DMC was scrapped a week after. The Class 112 retained it's BR green with yellow warning panel whilst the 113 was repainted into blue with a yellow warning panel. Both sets survived well into when the SKBR became a tourist railway, both being operational. However these being 1st generation DMU's they were suspicious of containing Asbestos, (as far as I know these had plastic panelled interiors) and fortunately test results came back negative, meaning no further action needed to be taken. Occasionally these two sets can be spotted still working services today on the tourist line.

Edit: Class 113 info added.

Edited by FPH 603

POST NO. 603!

This is something I first designed two years ago. I then revisited it last year, and yesterday I came across both of these previous proposals again. So I decided to refine the design a bit more. I made something Aussie this time around...

post-32712-0-46115700-1521935593_thumb.jpg

640 Class Luggage Motor Composite

post-32712-0-77719600-1521937278_thumb.jpg

740 Class Second Motor

Here's a summary of the design:

The 640/740 class railcars were a follow up from the previous 620/720 class railcars. These were different in having air conditioning and an arrangement similar to the 600/700 class. The design is basically a hybrid between the 600/700, 620/720 and the air conditioned 900/950 classes, with the addition of semi-automatic sliding doors. The first set, 641/741 entered service in 1964. The other nine sets were introduced shortly after, becoming the only Power-Twin Railmotor class in NSW.. The semi automatic doors were air operated and in the class's later years these were upgraded to fully automatic doors with closing and opening tones following the introduction of the Tangara in 1987. All sets were withdrawn by 1999.

Note: I don't intend on recreating this in HO/OO scale, perhaps I could try a BIGGER scale for this. Maybe O gauge?

EDIT: 740 class car added

Edited by FPH 603
  • Like 2

POST NO. 603!

This is something I first designed two years ago. I then revisited it last year, and yesterday I came across both of these previous proposals again. So I decided to refine the design a bit more. I made something Aussie this time around...

attachicon.gif640 Class PCH (As Built) (1).jpg

640 Class Luggage Motor Composite

attachicon.gif740 Class FP (As Built) (1).jpg

740 Class Second Motor

Here's a summary of the design:

The 640/740 class railcars were a follow up from the previous 620/720 class railcars. These were different in having air conditioning and an arrangement similar to the 600/700 class. The design is basically a hybrid between the 600/700, 620/720 and the air conditioned 900/950 classes, with the addition of semi-automatic sliding doors. The first set, 641/741 entered service in 1964. The other nine sets were introduced shortly after, becoming the only Power-Twin Railmotor class in NSW.. The semi automatic doors were air operated and in the class's later years these were upgraded to fully automatic doors with closing and opening tones following the introduction of the Tangara in 1987. All sets were withdrawn by 1999.

Note: I don't intend on recreating this in HO/OO scale, perhaps I could try a BIGGER scale for this. Maybe O gauge?

EDIT: 740 class car added

Aaand you've now completely lost me, mate. xD

Still, great work. I have no idea what this is but it looks good. Keep it up!

Aaand you've now completely lost me, mate. xD

Still, great work. I have no idea what this is but it looks good. Keep it up!

Good thing I've now made meself a new Aussie workbench! Things like this won't appear here again.

I've taken a real turn in my projects/proposals lately due to my reluctance to continue with my Class 112 DMU (hopefully I can get back to this soon) and I'm starting some Australian HO projects to finally start after wanting to make these things for a long time, and now I have the goal of beating an RTR manufacturer with the train on my profile picture!

• Like 1

I've taken a real turn in my projects/proposals lately due to my reluctance to continue with my Class 112 DMU (hopefully I can get back to this soon) and I'm starting some Australian HO projects to finally start after wanting to make these things for a long time, and now I have the goal of beating an RTR manufacturer with the train on my profile picture!

Ah right. Good luck buddy