un known loco

kevo

thanks for all the info  and the photos  on that . see what you mean sw cab and geep body  . I like it neat looking  kind of a cut and shut job  . Dus any one produce a model of this ? or is it a kit bash your own type of thing

thanks for all the info  and the photos  on that . see what you mean sw cab and geep body  . I like it neat looking  kind of a cut and shut job  . Dus any one produce a model of this ? or is it a kit bash your own type of thing

Overland produced a brass version in HO. Google 'Overland SW1200RSm' and you'll see some past sales. But hold tight to your wallet as you do so, or it will run away screaming! There's also a past auction on the well-known auction site of what looked like a good kitbash based on Athearn products, but that failed to sell, probably because of the asking price.

I think a guy called Bob Boudreau did one using an Athearn Sw9 with a GP7 hood back inthe 80s, he wrote it up for RR Model Craftsman,

Nick

Dear Kevo,

Components

- 1X LL-era P2k SW1200 mech

- 1X Atlas GP 9 shell

(both readily available on ebay, should be under AUD$50 or so all-in)

Recipe

- Cut away SW1200 hood

- Trim GP9 hood to length

- Mount GP9 hood on SW1200 frame

= job done

(bonus points for grafting Ath SW1500 flexicoil sideframes onto the P2k trucks,

Or start with a Ath SW9 and just pop the replacement sideframes straight in)

Happy modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr