RMweb

Little table top layout 20" x 16"

Guest ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi I picked this little table up from a neighbour who was throwing it out and I though ideal for small layout any ideas of what I should plan for a layout.

post-33479-0-55508700-1519368264_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke I plan to add the sides and a main wall for scenery and brick work. OO gauge is all I model in so some sort of siding or puzzle but I may extend the base board slightly.

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke something along these lines for a layout and I can extend for shunting duties. I'm thinking of coal yards with office and staithes.

post-33479-0-41952000-1519373418_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 1

Hi.

I like this idea, a colliery or mine would be interesting although a goods yard with a provender store, coal yard ( staithes ) would also work.

It's surprising what you can do in OO gauge in a limited space if you try not to cram in to much.

Good luck with your project and I look forward to updates, be careful though, micro layouts are very addictive:-).

Jerry.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Luke something along these lines for a layout and I can extend for shunting duties.

Could you make the extension a sector plate and feed a siding directly from it? With just one point on the layout you would have much longer sidings and perhaps a more spacious appearance.

That would be amazing! You would just need some pcb (I think) pipe and a static model that would be fairly easy to make.

Upvc pipe, and yes it would look amazing

Could line the pipe wall with this free download to start with

http://www.kingswaymodels.com/K104.pdf, they've free wall tile download for the platform too.

Sorry I'm hijacking the thread.

IMO: in OO/HO in such a space one only has a chance with a tuning-fork/single-point track plan or with a pointless track plan .. and the point would most likely be R1 and would be curved. If you stay pointless you'd just need (flexi-)track.

Utilizing the lower level as an underground station or goods shed hat merit, too. London had huge multilevel-goods sheds featuring large wagon elevators once upon a time IIRC - may something like that is a suitable prototype. Or maybe a multilevel mine layout.

Your track plan shown lacks a head shunt as it is.

Best Regards,

Christian

Edited by cklammer