Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Stanley Cubix laser level.

Free At Last

Does anyone have one of these? https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-cubix-self-levelling-laser-level/69712

I have just bought one from Screwfix and I am unsure as to whether when being used in the locked position the laser pendulum should still swing.

I returned the first one thinking it was faulty but the replacement is the same. I borrowed one a few years ago and can't remember noticing it did this.

When turned off the pendulum is locked, so I thought when using it in the locked position the pendulum should still be locked but with the laser on as I see no reason for it to swing when using it on the ceiling for example.

Edited by Free At Last

Ok, no one has one, but I thought for information purposes I would follow up with the reply from Stanley...

That feature had been taken off that unit. You will not be able to lock it in all angles. It is possible to tilt the laser  few degrees but after that the beam will start flashing and you will not be able to lock the beam.

So, it has a mode switch with a 'locked' and 'unlocked' symbol on but it does not lock in the locked position... hope they never get into model railway manufacturing