RMweb

Fitting Greenwich couplings.

Having recently returned to 009 I am impressed by the Greenwich couplings which seem to operate very well. I've managed to fit Greenwich couplings very successfully to my Minitrains diesels but am interested to understand how to fit them to the Roco diesel chassis (non-NEM ) and also what to do to fit them into the NEM sockets on Peco stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HappyC

• RMweb Premium

You will need the CPL3 Greenwich Couplings for the nem boxes. Fold them up which creates the plug and it just push fits into the nem box.

Read the instructions as the fold slightly different to the origial Greenwich Couplings

Can't help with the Roco diesel though.

You will need the CPL3 Greenwich Couplings for the nem boxes. Fold them up which creates the plug and it just push fits into the nem box.

Read the instructions as the fold slightly different to the origial Greenwich Couplings

Can't help with the Roco diesel though.

Thanks for your reply cnw6847. I didn't realise that there are different types of Greenwich couplings available so I'll order some and give them a try.

Still struggling with the Roco chassis though. I've tried prising open the coupling retaining metal 'tabs' and removing the whole coupling assembly but this results in a rather large void which makes fitting the replacement Greenwich coupling difficult /impossible. Now I'm aware of the NEM compatible Greenwich coupling I'll investigate if it's possible to fit a Peco NEM pocket into the void and then fit the NEM Greenwich variant into this. Any help or comments will be appreciated.

HappyC

• RMweb Premium

No Problems HappyC.

For the Roco diesel could you make a Greenwich coupling then bend the long bar down by 90 degrees and glue it on the front of the loco.

No Problems HappyC.

For the Roco diesel could you make a Greenwich coupling then bend the long bar down by 90 degrees and glue it on the front of the loco.

Thanks for yet another idea - just shows the value of this forum for lateral thinking! Unfortunately, removing the existing Roco coupling leaves a vacant space in the buffer beam so there is nothing to glue the long bar onto. I've ordered the CPL3 couplings so when they arrive will try filling the gap with an NEM pocket and then use the CPL3.

In the past I've had fun fitting Kadee couplings to 00 rolling stock which were not NEM compatible so it feels like 'here we go again'.