Dapol Class 22 sound decoder installation

dibber25

I have a Loksound 21-pin sound decoder for a Dapol Class 22 (OO gauge). Installation looks too easy to be true, and sure enough it is. Remove the blanking plug on the Dapol model and it has 22 pins, not 21. How do I get round this? (CJL)

Sounds (pardon the pun) like its made for a Zimo decoder.

Not seen one or fitted one as yet but I'm sure someone has an answer.(DCC supplies)

Dose it say anything about that in the instructions?

Wiggy.

Apparently some Dapol 22's came with 22 pin plug circuit boards, but with pin 11 cut off flush, to allow a 21pin decoder to be used - some boxes had labels referring to this.  But probably best to contact Dapol first, before possibly damaging an expensive sound decoder ?

Have posted the solution on the Dapol Class 22 sound installation thread started by Dibber 25. The issue was covered in the Dapol Class 22 thread in November 2011, Page 20 to 22, when it was discovered. Pin 11 needs to be removed for DCC installation, however the blanking plug will probably need replacing if you want to revert to DC, as Dapol had to modify those as well. Have reposted a photo of the relevant pin, originally posted by member 'Buffalo'.

Edited by rembrow