Prodigy Advance ESU Aversion?

hoover50008

Afternoon folks

Do we know if the Guagemaster Prodigy Advance has an aversion to ESU Loksound decoders?

I have recently acquired this system and all seems fine with non sound fitted locos using a variety of Bachmann and Lenz decoders. I have 4 locos with sound decoders fitted and strangely only one will respond to the controller although all are fine using my MERG controller.  The loco's will not move and no sound functions can be activated.  The Prodigy does not read the decoders and just returns an ERR message.

Is this a decoder or Prodigy issue?

Any help or adicie would be appreciated.

Many thanks 

E

I have read somewhere that the GM PA can be tardy when programming in that what is shown on the screen is either behind the event or vice-versa (can’t remember which way round it was now).

Apparently if you adopt a slowly slowly approach and let each event run out before you embark on the next stage then all may become well.

No guarantees with any particular decoder combintion though and unfortunately no ref available to where I read about it either, but worth a try.

Rob

Afternoon folks

Do we know if the Guagemaster Prodigy Advance has an aversion to ESU Loksound decoders?

I have recently acquired this system and all seems fine with non sound fitted locos using a variety of Bachmann and Lenz decoders. I have 4 locos with sound decoders fitted and strangely only one will respond to the controller although all are fine using my MERG controller.  The loco's will not move and no sound functions can be activated.  The Prodigy does not read the decoders and just returns an ERR message.

Is this a decoder or Prodigy issue?

Any help or adicie would be appreciated.

Many thanks 

E

Had a Prodigy Advance2 for quite a few years and own a collection of locos all with ESU decoders and never saw any problems.

You can only "Read" decoders on the Programming Track with the Prodigy.

I agree with Rob that the response can sometimes be a bit slow.

John

Edited by JJGraphics